× Members

Incapacity Benefit Exempt From Transfer To ESA?

• scooter woman
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73249 by scooter woman
Incapacity Benefit.
I will be staying on IB and not transfering to ESA because of my retirement age in March 2014.
I now receive high rate care DLA thanks to B/W So when my IB reassessment is due am I exempt from the medical

Also is CB Incapacity benifit not have the 12 months time limit. because there no support/work group

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #73252 by bro58
scooter woman wrote:

Incapacity Benefit.
I will be staying on IB and not transfering to ESA because of my retirement age in March 2014.
I now receive high rate care DLA thanks to B/W So when my IB reassessment is due am I exempt from the medical

Also is CB Incapacity benifit not have the 12 months time limit. because there no support/work group

Thank You

Hi SW,

As you are in receipt of HRC, you are PCA Exempt with regard to IB.

IB is now defunct as a benefit to new claimants, so as you say, due to your date of SRA, you should remain IB PCA Exempt until then.

CB IB has no such 12 months time limit, that is pertenent to Con/ESA only.

So you should be left in peace until you hit SRA.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.