× Members

WRAG Appeal Update

More
12 years 4 months ago #73441 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:WRAG Appeal Update
greeneyedlad

Our understanding is the DWP usually use the prognosis provided on the medical report, but it is not impossible for them to assess you earlier or later than this date. Unfortunately, you really will not know until the form arrives, however, I would expect it is more likely to be 02/12 rather than 11/11.

The 30/11 date is just down to the way that the DWP payment systems runs (I use the word "run" loosely as it seems to require huge amounts of manual intervention), you should expect to receive a new enitlement letter, around this date that will likely have an 04/12 date on it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #73447 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:WRAG Appeal Update
thank you Rachel & Gordon

m

More
12 years 4 months ago #73449 by peggy2
Replied by peggy2 on topic Re:WRAG Appeal Update
Hi Martin the paperwork a nightmare and from my own experience I found it all to much :woohoo: I managed to get apppointment with CAB adviser at my doctors surgery, some CAB officers work through a system called i think `outreach' through GP surgeries. The CAB guy been great he copied paperwork and took over things,massive weight off my mind, it just makes me less stressed knowing he handling the Appeal. When I read through your threads I just wondered if you have somthing like that in your area where you could benefit of some extra support of a CAB Advisor.

Best of luck Martin
:blink:

More
12 years 4 months ago #73455 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:WRAG Appeal Update
thanks Meg

im going to contact the welfare person at my social work, i dont know if they can help me or not, im in scotland & there doesnt seem to be as much help up here. when i was hospitalised there were cab advisors but i dont think there are any that work out of my surgery. to be honest when iv used my local one in the past the man who was trying to help me was about 80, i dont mean to be rude but i had to repeat myself a lot so hopefully i wont get him agian hehe.

thanks meg

martin

More
12 years 4 months ago #73525 by peggy2
Replied by peggy2 on topic Re:WRAG Appeal Update
Hi Martin I know what you mean a few years ago i myself had a bad experience with a CAB Advisor but me off them for ages. Thankfully the one I`m seeing is really good. I think the best thing to remeber is the advisors do change so maybe worth appt. Although the welfare advisor should be able to help or point you in right direction. I think its awful when people are dealing with so much already that we all under this crazy dark cloud of uncertainty of trying to complete and understand new forms, appeals and changes to our benefit. Thankfully we have this website and forum to show we are not alone in this awful mess, I will never vote for these idiots again, i read in todays paper Cameron bailing out Greece with 40 billion. It makes me really angry :angry:
Hey martin dont forget if you get chance write to your local MP make them work for there living :cheer:
Best of luck
meg

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.