× Members

Change Over From IB to ESA

More
12 years 5 months ago #73452 by Ventura
Change Over From IB to ESA was created by Ventura
Hi

Received P45. On the form it states let the job centre have it. (Parts 2/3) Phoned up and spoke to someone in the ESA Dept. who told me to post it and they gave me the address. Is this the norm???? So that's what I have done. But now I am concerned if I have done the right thing. Worried incase it gets lost.

ANN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73464 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: Change Over From IB to ESA
Ann

iv no idea to be honest, maybe a moderator can advise you. all i can say is that i recieved a P45 as my incapacity benefit has now become ESA. i didnt do anything with it, just filed it away. didnt know i had to post it to jobcentre & no one has asked.

good luck

martin

More
12 years 5 months ago #73477 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Change Over From IB to ESA
Ann wrote:

Hi

Received P45. On the form it states let the job centre have it. (Parts 2/3) Phoned up and spoke to someone in the ESA Dept. who told me to post it and they gave me the address. Is this the norm???? So that's what I have done. But now I am concerned if I have done the right thing. Worried incase it gets lost.

ANN.

You should keep the P45 for tax purposes, but there is no need to pass it onto the JC+ as your ESA claim has already been "activated".

The P45 is issued to show the end of your IB claim, which as it is a Contriburary benefit is usually liable to tax.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #73528 by Ventura
Replied by Ventura on topic Re:Change Over From IB to ESA
Hi

The reason I passed the P45 form on was that they would not stop me any tax !!! and hopefully receive my full benefit.

ANN

More
12 years 5 months ago #73554 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Change Over From IB to ESA
Ann wrote:

Hi

The reason I passed the P45 form on was that they would not stop me any tax !!! and hopefully receive my full benefit.

ANN

I'm reasonably certain that the DWP do not deduct tax from benefits, in fact I would be surprised if there systems were even capable of handling tax, after all, they barely manage to pay claimants regularly as it is :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.