× Members

Occupational pension and migration from IB to ESA?

• Cracker
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #73534 by Cracker
Dear All,

I have been on IB before 2001 and so my occupational pension was ignored. Will this still be the case for ESA? In other words will I have some money deducted from my ESA i.e. half of what I recieve in occupational pension over £85? Also will I have to pay tax? I do not pay tax at the moment.I completed a tax form two years ago when I took my occupational pension and the tax office said I did not have to pay tax. I rang and queried this at the time as the last thing I needed was a tax bill!!!

Take care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 4 months ago #73544 by michaelg
Cracker wrote:

Dear All,

I have been on IB before 2001 and so my occupational pension was ignored. Will this still be the case for ESA? In other words will I have some money deducted from my ESA i.e. half of what I recieve in occupational pension over £85? Also will I have to pay tax? I do not pay tax at the moment.I completed a tax form two years ago when I took my occupational pension and the tax office said I did not have to pay tax. I rang and queried this at the time as the last thing I needed was a tax bill!!!

Take care

Hi cracker

I'm sorry but we aren't able to answer specific questions. May I suggest that you consult A WRO at an Advice Centre for help with this, as they can go into the background of your case, which is not feasable on a forum like this.

Many thanks

Michael

More
12 years 4 months ago #73556 by Gordon
Cracker wrote:

Dear All,

Take care

See the following FAQ

Will my pension be disregarded under ESA?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.