× Members

A little advise please

• Hayz Peachey
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #73539 by Hayz Peachey
A little advise please was created by Hayz Peachey
My DLA is up for renewal, in August, though me mum is slight obsessing about it now.....

She wants me to print of the re-newal form, fill it in, ready for when the re-newal form comes.

To be honest, this is stressing me out, more then the form its self, she goes on and on and on and on about it, soon as she wakes up, and if I say anything to her about it, that she needs to take it off her mind for a bit, I get the ''you dont care'' thrown in my face.

Do you think I should print the form off, and fill it in gradually, or just wait for the form to come though the post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 4 months ago #73546 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:A little advise please
Hayz
Peachey wrote:

My DLA is up for renewal, in August, though me mum is slight obsessing about it now.....

She wants me to print of the re-newal form, fill it in, ready for when the re-newal form comes.

To be honest, this is stressing me out, more then the form its self, she goes on and on and on and on about it, soon as she wakes up, and if I say anything to her about it, that she needs to take it off her mind for a bit, I get the ''you dont care'' thrown in my face.

Do you think I should print the form off, and fill it in gradually, or just wait for the form to come though the post?

Hi Hayz

It might help you to read through the B&W guides. I have given a link to DLA renewals here -

When should I send my renewal form back?

Regards

Michael

• Tonibee
12 years 4 months ago #73568 by Tonibee
Replied by Tonibee on topic Re:A little advise please
Even though your renewal is not due until August, you can expect your renewal forms to arrive six months in advance. It's therefore not going to be that long before you have the forms to fill in.

As a welfare adviser, I often recommend 'practicing' before the actual form arrives, so in that context, it sounds as though your mum's advice is sound.

Also, as a search of these forums will highlight, claiming the benefit is not always straightforward. It is therefore wise to give yourself plenty of space and time to gather the information you need so that you give your claim the best chance of success.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.