× Members

ESA50 - Side effects of medication?

• Lyn
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #73553 by Lyn
Hi,
I take numerous tablets/medication that have similar side effects, such as nausea, dizziness,lightheadedness, constipation, diarrhea and headaches.
As a consequence I often have to stop taking many of them, to help alleviate the symptoms.
Should I give this information on the ESA50 form?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #73559 by MattyB
Replied by MattyB on topic Re:ESA50 - Side effects of medication?
Hi Lyn,

On your ESA50 I would definitely suggest that you include the side effects of your medication, also how you have to stop taking some of it because of the side effects and therefore how you cannot alleviate some of your symptoms sometime. This all helps build up a picture of the problems you have.

I included similar information on my ESA50 and the healthcare professional definitely took notice of it at my assessment because she commented on it to me and in the report she wrote.

Best of luck with filling in your form.

Matty

More
12 years 4 months ago #73561 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA50 - Side effects of medication?
Lyn wrote:

Hi,
I take numerous tablets/medication that have similar side effects, such as nausea, dizziness,lightheadedness, constipation, diarrhea and headaches.
As a consequence I often have to stop taking many of them, to help alleviate the symptoms.
Should I give this information on the ESA50 form?

If the effects of your medication have an impact on your daily life, and more importantly your abilities to complete the WCA descriptors, then it is reasonable for you to include these effects in your ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Lyn
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #73566 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:ESA50 - Side effects of medication?
Thank you both :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.