× Members

ESA support group sucess

More
12 years 4 months ago #73769 by izzy
ESA support group sucess was created by izzy
I posted a while back on how the Decision Maker had not had sight of the medical evidence that I had lodged with my son's ESA 50.
I eventually got to speak to the DM who admitted that he had not seen the original evidence. Although on here they tell you that the DM's should have all the evidence that does not seem to be happening.
After talking to the DM and highlighting the outrageous errors in the ATOS medical report he asked me to resend all the Medical evidence and an up-to-date report from our GP.
Result - The DM called today, sadly my son meets the criteria for the support group on 3 counts despite only needing 1 to qualify.
What a relief, now I can get back to looking after him, not paper chasing.
My advice - if your going to ask for a review include copies of all the evidence that you originally submitted.
This site with the detailed information has been so helpful and it really pays to follow the advice given.

Izzy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Catherine
12 years 4 months ago #73771 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re:ESA support group sucess
What an enormous relief for you both.

Best wishes.

More
12 years 4 months ago #73774 by izzy
Replied by izzy on topic Re:ESA support group sucess
Thanks Catherine, I hope posting about my experience will help others. It seems so many are failed by the poor standard of the ATOS medical reports and that it is worth challenging them.

Izzy

More
12 years 4 months ago #73776 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA support group sucess
Izzy

Glad to hear that you have been able to resolve this so quickly.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 4 months ago #73778 by izzy
Replied by izzy on topic Re:ESA support group sucess
Having access to this site was a big help along with advice from Vocal the carers charity.

Izzy

Izzy

• RachelPotter
12 years 4 months ago #73785 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA support group sucess
Hi Izzy, so pleased you managed to get the right result for your son. All the best to both of you.
Rachel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.