× Members

Big Gross Error in ESA

• Dorset-angel
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #75659 by Dorset-angel
Replied by Dorset-angel on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Just to update people on the above. DWP have admitted liability for the Gross Maladministration, but i also noted the Parliamentary health services ombudsman, of which i have had a reply from them. They are now investigating my complaint.

Also been told i still have to attend a court hearing, even though they have admitted liability for not updating Tribunal Services my new address. Tribunal Services have since written to me to my new address of which i have lived here for 16 months but still have my old address on their form. I am now making a complaint to Tribunal Services, as after many phone calls to them updating them with my new address, there is no way i am going to be filling in this form with my old address on.

So looks like many more months of being on the appeal rate of 65.00 per week, i have been on this rate now for 6 months. So i have told my daughter this Christmas will be only a few little items, as i cannot afford to buy her. Just glad she is a teenager to understand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 4 months ago #75676 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
I admire your resolve and determination in pursuing this matter .

In my opinion you will win in the end.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dorset-angel
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #75859 by Dorset-angel
Replied by Dorset-angel on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Thank you so kindly but Just been by the Jobcentre who has just rang me - told cos i am on appeal rate i still have to attend work related focus. Don't get me wrong whilst i would like to work, at present i cannot due to my illness as today proved i would not have been able to go to work. Now i get told the benefit will be stopping. I said go ahead as i am tired, exhausted of the whole thing. Had enough of everyone having a go and all i want to do is get well and get back to some kind of normality to work but not yet as i am on a recovery program and like my worker said to me how long is a piece of string. Even my GP has wrote letters and my consultant to get them off my back but to no avail.

I am still in the process of complaining to the tribunal services and one way or another they will have to back date all what is due. I didn't ask for this illness ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia or barrett's oseophagus, pernicious anaemia and folic acid anaemia. I am due again in hospital in February for more biopsies. Each day is proving a huge struggle with these people.

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #75862 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Dorset-angel wrote:

Thank you so kindly but Just been by the Jobcentre who has just rang me - told cos i am on appeal rate i still have to attend work related focus. Don't get me wrong whilst i would like to work, at present i cannot due to my illness as today proved i would not have been able to go to work. Now i get told the benefit will be stopping. I said go ahead as i am tired, exhausted of the whole thing. Had enough of everyone having a go and all i want to do is get well and get back to some kind of normality to work but not yet as i am on a recovery program and like my worker said to me how long is a piece of string. Even my GP has wrote letters and my consultant to get them off my back but to no avail.

I am still in the process of complaining to the tribunal services and one way or another they will have to back date all what is due. I didn't ask for this illness ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia or barrett's oseophagus, pernicious anaemia and folic acid anaemia. I am due again in hospital in February for more biopsies. Each day is proving a huge struggle with these people.

Hi DA,

If you are appealing a "Fit for work" ESA WCA decision, you CANNOT be compelled to attend WFI's, WRA, see here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...imit=6&start=6#70860

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by bro58.

• Mark Sutton
12 years 4 months ago #75878 by Mark Sutton
Replied by Mark Sutton on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
bro58 wrote:

If you are appealing a "Fit for work" ESA WCA decision, you CANNOT be compelled to attend WFI's, WRA, see here :

bro58

At the bottom of the page you linked to, Gordon wrote:

"More details are available in the "Attending WFIs if appealing to be in the support group" article which can be found in the Benefits News section".

Is that article still available?

I can't find it and a Google site search comes up with nothing either.

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago #75879 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Big Gross Error in ESA
Mark Sutton wrote:

bro58 wrote:

bro58

At the bottom of the page you linked to, Gordon wrote:

"More details are available in the "Attending WFIs if appealing to be in the support group" article which can be found in the Benefits News section".

Is that article still available?

I can't find it and a Google site search comes up with nothing either.

Hi MS,

See Here :
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/benefits-news/story/164

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.