× Members

ESA transfer

More
12 years 5 months ago #74477 by Jude
ESA transfer was created by Jude
Hi again,
I have not received anything YET! about my transfer from SDA to ESA. When I do receive the dreaded letter, if I were to have my GP write a letter explaining about my heart disease, and that I should avoid all stress, would that help?I was admitted to A&E with a suspected heart attack, which turned out thankfully to be an Angina attack so I am concerned about all the added stress to my heart.The thought of an Atos medical is really worrying me, because of the horror stories about the Doctors.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #74482 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA transfer
Amber wrote:

Hi again,
I have not received anything YET! about my transfer from SDA to ESA. When I do receive the dreaded letter, if I were to have my GP write a letter explaining about my heart disease, and that I should avoid all stress, would that help?I was admitted to A&E with a suspected heart attack, which turned out thankfully to be an Angina attack so I am concerned about all the added stress to my heart.The thought of an Atos medical is really worrying me, because of the horror stories about the Doctors.
Thanks

Hi,

As per the FAQ's above, it is impossible to say when you will be transferred from SDA to ESA. However you will be migrated across at some point.

If your GP is willing to write a letter for you then it maybe helpful. However your GP may charge for the letter, or even decline to write one as it is not within their NHS contract to write supporting letters for patients. They do have to complete forms sent from the DWP though. Hence it maybe prudent to ensure your GP is fully aware of your condition(s).

Re 'Horror Stories' do please remember every day many people are successfully migrated across from IB/SDA to ESA without problem or incident. As is the way with internet forums such as this, one often only hears about the relatively few cases where there has been a problem.

Pete

More
12 years 5 months ago #74663 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic Re:ESA transfer
Thanks Pete,I didn't know that GP'S charged for writing letters of support.I think it would be worth paying though if my GP agrees.Can they really refuse when it relates to your health?I didn't know that.
The medical, well the stress of having one, could cause me to have another Angina attack.
Could I state to the GP what I wanted him to say, like to fully explain what impact the stress of going through a medical could have on my heart?
Thanks

More
12 years 5 months ago #74667 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA transfer
Amber

Yes, you can suggest areas that the GP could comment on, but be careful of going any farther than this as it might be considered leading the GP, and would significantly de-value the report if this was believed t be the case.

Remember, you can only avoid the medical, if the Decision Maker, or the ATOS "doctor", believe that that there is sufficient information available to them to make a Decision without one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 4 months ago #74944 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic Re:ESA transfer
Thanks Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.