× Members

Result received

• itsme
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #74713 by itsme
Result received was created by itsme
Hi

I have just received the 'brown envelope' letter telling me i have been placed in the contributions based WRAG. I wouldn't dare appeal to be put in the support group incase they took this away from me!
Am i right in understanding this ESA payment will only be paid for 12 months, and is it a definite 12 month period or could it be reviewed before?
I have read people saying they have seen a review period or an expected fit for work time scale, where is this information? I've not seen anything on the letter i received today.
Also, after the contributions based WRAG ESA ends i understand you may be entitled to income related ESA, what it the criteria for this? I am worried i would not qualify due to my husbands work and income - so then what?

Sorry for the essay!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #74716 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Result received
itsme

Yes, it is 12 months, however, it is possible that you will be re-assessed within this timescake. Re-assessments are usually based on your prognosis from the ESA85, if you had a medical, or ESA85A if you did not. See the following FAQ.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

With regard to ESA(IR).

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

Also, all income from you an your partner will be taken into account with regard to ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• itsme
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #74720 by itsme
Replied by itsme on topic Re:Result received
Thank you Gordon, yes i did have a medical. Do i have to phone somebody and request to see the prognosis from my medical?

More
12 years 4 months ago #74729 by Gordon
itsme wrote:

Thank you Gordon, yes i did have a medical. Do i have to phone somebody and request to see the prognosis from my medical?

You should be able to request the ESA85 over the phone, the number should be on any correspondance you have had from the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 4 months ago #74737 by Silver Shadow
Replied by Silver Shadow on topic Re:Result received
I've just had my brown enevelope and I'm in WRAG and expected to go to interviews which, because of my disability, I cannot. I have no choice but to ask for them to look at it again and if I am still in the WRAG then I will appeal. I cannot go to work end of. If I could I'd be working. I have a feeling I will be put in the same group again. When they called me to see why I wanted them to look at it again I got upset and tearful on the phone and the guy was sympathetic. I told him I can't go to these work related interviews and because of that it will affect my money. They had 8 pages of evidence, a letter from my consultant and a letter from my GP yet they know better. My consultant explicity said I am not fit for work of any kind. I had hoped from all this evidence I'd be in the support group. I didn't have to have a medical so they haven't seen me. God alone knows what will hapen now I've asked for them to look at it again. I'll probably be one of those who has to go to appeal and then be hounded by them every 3 months or so. Sorry to be so negative but I'm so fed up with able bodied people telling me what I am capable of when I, and my doctors say otherwise.

More
12 years 4 months ago #74741 by Gordon
Silver Shadow

Sorry to hear you have not got the result you were looking for.

Just to clarify, even though you are in the WRAG, you cannot be required to work, or even to seek work/

There is still an obligation to attend WFIs, however, these can be deferred, held over the phone, or under some circumstances, held in your home.

The following FAQs may be of help.

Qualifying for the Support Group

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.