× Members

ESA and Pension Credit

• dis1
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74718 by dis1
ESA and Pension Credit was created by dis1
Can anybody please give some advise on the following. My husband is in the WRAG which is contribution based. He has received a letter from DWP advising that as he is approaching 61 he is entitled to pension credit, BUT he has to decide if this is what he wants. After trying to get any advise on how much he would be entitled too ,because I am disabled and currently in full time employment nobody will advise on the best decision to make. Once they hear about myself they say that they cannot give the answers.

My husband also receives Industrial injuries Benefit at the rste of £120 per month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #74722 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA and Pension Credit
dis1

Sorry to be another no, but we would need to know a lot of other information, including financial statements, to be able to answer this, even if we could, the forum is not the pace for this type of info to be published.

See Why can’t you answer a question about my specific claim?

You need to get face to face advice from your local CAB or Welfare Rights office. Failing that the Benefits Calculator at DirectGov may give you an estimate, however, I can't vouch for how accurate this would be.

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/Do...ByCategory/DG_172666

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #74733 by SusanH
Replied by SusanH on topic Re:ESA and Pension Credit
Try this

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretireme...sionCredit/DG_180167

Scroll down about a third of the page and click on the red highlighted “Use The Pension Credit Calculator”

Mod Edit : I have redone the link SH as yours was linking to an error page.

Is this the correct link?

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by .

More
12 years 5 months ago #74749 by SusanH
Replied by SusanH on topic Re:ESA and Pension Credit
Yes, thank you bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.