× Members

Appeal Tribunal

• Ellienat
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74730 by Ellienat
Appeal Tribunal was created by Ellienat
Are we allowed to 'record' an appeal hearing? I have been hearing horror stories about the way in which people are being spoken to/treated at an appeal hearing and wonder if we are allowed to record it.

I am becoming increasingly anxious about this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #74732 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Appeal Tribunal
Ellienat wrote:

Are we allowed to 'record' an appeal hearing? I have been hearing horror stories about the way in which people are being spoken to/treated at an appeal hearing and wonder if we are allowed to record it.

I am becoming increasingly anxious about this.

No you aren't, even the covert recording rules do not apply, this is a Court of Law, and it would be a serious breach of procedure to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Ellienat
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74735 by Ellienat
Replied by Ellienat on topic Re:Appeal Tribunal
Many thanks Gordon. Am I allowed to take notes?

More
12 years 5 months ago #74736 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Appeal Tribunal
Ellienat wrote:

Many thanks Gordon. Am I allowed to take notes?

Yes you can, however, bear in mind that you will be having to answer questions, so if possible have a a companion with you who can take the notes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Ellienat
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74738 by Ellienat
Replied by Ellienat on topic Re:Appeal Tribunal
Tx - still waiting for a hearing date so trying to make sure I know what I can/cannot do.

More
12 years 5 months ago #74797 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re:Appeal Tribunal
Good luck with yours. I'm also awaiting more news and info. I'm dreading it, but hope a WRO will be helpful.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.