× Members

Appeal worry

• Aragorn
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74763 by Aragorn
Appeal worry was created by Aragorn
Hi all, just trying to get this in b4 forum closes!

My appeal (apparently) will be soon and I have had to stay for 'some' of the time over last few months, with my girlfriend.

I am moving out as soon as I can get enough money for a deposit as my children live 3 hrs coach trip away and with no money and being very ill, seeing them is almosy impossible. This is ONE thing i want to change positively for myself.

My concern is this: Will they ask about my girlfriends income?? We have no financial ties whatsoever, she has her own place and when I have been too ill to travel and stay with friends near my children, i have stayed here.

She (and me actually) are worried now that they may start asking questions about her finances and she is a) very angry with me about it and b) a bit concerned!

I want deperately to move fwd and be bear to my children as being stuck here and being ill isn't ever my choice and hasn't been at all.

Can I make a strong point to the judge that I do NOT live with my GF, i simply have to stay here when I travel to this part of the country and then have to end up staying due to ilness, longer than I ever plan.

I sometimes have even had to stay over in my children's room at my ex's as she is OK with that as it facillitates my contact with our children and we get on well, otherwise, i have had to stay with friends but it's been difficult to get around as I don't have transport.

I am basically 'without a home' full time and I am hoping, if my appeal comes good, I 'may' be able then to use any back-payment as deposit to get my own little place near to my children.

Please help :( as I am really worried about this.

Thanks you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #74766 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Appeal worry
Aragorn

There is no reason for a Tribunal panel to ask about this situation, however, you may have been obligated to inform the DWP as a Change of Cicumstances.

There are potential issues with regard to the time you have spent together, this may also apply to your girlfriend if she is receiving benefits.

You need to get face to face advice from your local CAB or Wefare Rights as this situation in beyond our remit to asssit with. See Why can’t you answer a question about my specific claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.