× Members

ESA SECTION MENTAL HEALTH

More
12 years 5 months ago #74875 by Patel
ESA SECTION MENTAL HEALTH was created by Patel

I am in the process of completing the dreaded ESA form and would like someone to advice me so that i do not look a fool when someone reads my ESA form.
ESA is divided into "2" sections
a) Physical disabilities
b) Mental Cognitive and Intellectual
The guide advises the mental health section applies for a mental health condition,learning difficulty,a brain injury,substance misuse or dependancy problems!.The first 8 descriptors relate
to physical health only.
Am i right in assuming that descriptors
9 to 14 apply to mentalimpairment conditions only.
a)Take no 10 for awarness of everyday hazards such as crossing roads,avoiding hazards on pavements,dangers in crowded
conditions,etc which present a difficulty as a result of a physical
condition being blind hence requiring
supervision for considerable part of day.Do i include this or not.
b) Coping with change no 12. I wear highly specillised contact lenses to see
but this is limited to wear 6 hours a day
without which i am effectively blind.My active life is limited to 6 hours a day.
Changes in my daily routine needs to
be adjusted on daily basis for eg i could
not manage morning,afternoon,evening assignment in one day hence coping with changes isa problem but physical. Do i mention it here.
c)Also i have a "fistula" in my arm.Does
protection of this fistula determined as this arm being not usable.
d)As i have vision 6 hoursa day required for basics without my lens i am tecnically blind.Does this exempt me from doing work.

Please assist.
Patel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #74882 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA SECTION MENTAL HEALTH
BHARAT

Actually it is descriptors 1-10 that relate to Physical impairements and 11-17 that are to do with Mental Health issues.

To score points for the Physical descriptors you must show that there is an underlying physical problem, however, for the Mental Health ones there does not have to be a corresponding Mental illness.

I think the above answers your question (a), with regard to (b), (c), and (d); you can certainly argue these points, however, I can't comment on whether any of them specifically meet the ESA requirements.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #74888 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA SECTION MENTAL HEALTH
With regard to your user id, the following FAQ may be of interest.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.