× Members

supporting letter query

More
12 years 4 months ago #74876 by mangof
supporting letter query was created by mangof
My MHP ( a therapist) showed me her supporting letter for my esa claim and asked if I wanted to make any changes.

I started seeing her approx 2 years ago after my old therapist (who I saw for 9 years) was moving away from where I lived then.

I decided to move towns myslef at the time. Given that I live on my own and have bad mental health problems this wasn't at all easy and I got a lot of support to do it!

My therapist mentioned this at the beginning of her letter (that when I started seeing her I was moving from town x to (familiar and preferred to me) town y. (approx 75 miles).

My thought is, and MHP is happy to do this too, is just to leave the issue about me moving out of the report.

Although my MHP stresses it was very difficult for me and I got extra support I think having it at the head of the letter puts the focus on me moving rather than the other things she writes.

So she would just write she started seeing me approx 2 years after my previous long term therapist had moved to a different country in the UK (and was doing research then).

They DWP will know I've moved and atos will see I'm living a different place to when I last had an IB assessment. But I was thinking the therapist's letter is still best to be on my general issues. I don't mention the move on my esa form.

Sorry this is so long!! Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago #74879 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:supporting letter query
displayname wrote:

My MHP ( a therapist) showed me her supporting letter for my esa claim and asked if I wanted to make any changes.

I started seeing her approx 2 years ago after my old therapist (who I saw for 9 years) was moving away from where I lived then.

I decided to move towns myslef at the time. Given that I live on my own and have bad mental health problems this wasn't at all easy and I got a lot of support to do it!

My therapist mentioned this at the beginning of her letter (that when I started seeing her I was moving from town x to (familiar and preferred to me) town y. (approx 75 miles).

My thought is, and MHP is happy to do this too, is just to leave the issue about me moving out of the report.

Although my MHP stresses it was very difficult for me and I got extra support I think having it at the head of the letter puts the focus on me moving rather than the other things she writes.

So she would just write she started seeing me approx 2 years after my previous long term therapist had moved to a different country in the UK (and was doing research then).

They DWP will know I've moved and atos will see I'm living a different place to when I last had an IB assessment. But I was thinking the therapist's letter is still best to be on my general issues. I don't mention the move on my esa form.

Sorry this is so long!! Any thoughts?

Hi DN,

Couldn't really advise which would be the best option.

May I suggest that you discuss it further with your therapist and decide which is the best approach.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 4 months ago #74880 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic Re:supporting letter query
Many thanks for your reply, bro.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.