× Members

EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE

• WENDY
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #77201 by WENDY
EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE was created by WENDY
I was awared o points at my medical despite having depression, arthritis in my hips, knees and shoulder. Because I can dress, cook and clean for myself. I have no option because I live on my own and struggle. Does anyone have any advice when filling in my form and attending medical as I have put in new claim :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago #77203 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE
WENDY wrote:

I was awared o points at my medical despite having depression, arthritis in my hips, knees and shoulder. Because I can dress, cook and clean for myself. I have no option because I live on my own and struggle. Does anyone have any advice when filling in my form and attending medical as I have put in new claim :angry:

Hi W,

As it would seem that you are new to the forum, you may wish to read this :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It may also help if you read all the relevant sections in our FAQ's from here :

FAQ’s

With regards to filling the form in that you mention, if it is the ESA50, you may wish to consider using the Pdf version, see here :

Use Of The Interactive PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Using our ESA Claim guides from here :

ESA Guides

When filling in the ESA50, remember that it is your limitations that may give you an award of ESA, not the conditions themselves, as the ESA WCA is a "capabilities" assessment.

The guides will advise you on the best way to present your case.

You will also see a section in the guides on ESA Medicals, and it will also help if you read the WCA Handbook which is on the same page as the ESA Claim Guides.

You can also use our search facility to search for different topics on the site from here :

Searching The Forum

If after reading the information on the links above provided, you still have any questions of a general nature, please come back to the forum.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.