× Members

Re walking distance

More
12 years 3 months ago #77588 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic Re:Re walking distance
Thanks Neilw for your reply.200 meters!Do they think you are an athlete Neil?
How ridiculous!I am so sorry to hear how you have been treated.I am terrified of receiving the brown envelope through my letterbox.They obviously do not read the information and this is so worrying.
With Angina,just walking a few meters can cause your chest tighten.I can't go upstairs at home without having to use my GTN spray.
Would going to your MP do any good?
I understand that there may be a small per cent of people swinging the lead, but when you have medical evidence that should suffice.Angry on your behalf.
Happy Christmas and new year.
Amber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #83430 by Jude
Hi Bro58,
I haven't heard of the MRC TEST, is it something I can ask my GP for? There is no Asthma clinic at my GP's surgery, are they only performed there?

Thanks.

• bro58
12 years 1 week ago #83443 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Re walking distance
Amber wrote:

Hi Bro58,
I haven't heard of the MRC TEST, is it something I can ask my GP for? There is no Asthma clinic at my GP's surgery, are they only performed there?

Thanks.

Hi A,

Asthma clinics are either held at the G.P. practice, and carried out by one of the Nurse Practioners within the practice, or they may be carried out at a local hospital, or other venue.

You should make enquiries with your practice regarding this.

A person with respiratory problems may be assessed by the treating HCP, and given a score of 1 to 5, (5 being the most severe) on the Medical Research Coucil Breathlessness scale, see :

www.nice.org.uk/usingguidance/commission...c_dyspnoea_scale.jsp

They may also have Spirometry tests, and Peak Flows, see :

www.peakflow.com/top_nav/normal_values/index.html

You should consult your G.P. regarding the above.

Any of the above can be used as evidence in your ESA WCA or DLA assessment, if it helps to show limitations as a result of respiratory conditions.

bro58

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83444 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Re walking distance
The MRC referred to is not actually a test, it is just a scle used to measure the degree of breathlessness. Anyone you see about your breathing problems should be able to document it for you.

You can find the scale here

MRC breahtlessness scale

Sorry, x post with bro

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by slugsta. Reason: x post

More
12 years 1 week ago #83464 by Jude
Thanks Bro58 and Mrs Hurtyback,much appreciated. I will see my GP about having my breathing difficulties documented.
Thank you both.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.