× Members

Other benefits I may be able to claim.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #77869 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Other benefits I may be able to claim.
Leigh wrote:

I messaged you earlier but I can't seen it anywhere so here it is again. Gist of the message. Was told I'd be receiving some benefit at a reduced rate whilst appeal is going ahead. Money was to go into my account on 22nd December, a week before it was due. Didn't go into bank, neither did it go in 23rd. Contacted, they said backlog problem. I'm in the Republic of Ireland for New Year. I informed the DWP I would be abroad for New Year. Rang DWP from Dublin, they couldn't help me and was told the part of the screen they needed to help me was 'blank'. Still no money in my account since 13th December. I know I'm entitled to 'holidays' when in receipt of Incapcity B, which I no longer receive. Does anyone know of any reason why I haven't been paid? Like I said, I was told I'd be on the reduced rate pending my appeal. Look forward to hearing from you. HAPPY NEW YEAR BY THE WAY!

Hi L,

As you have informed the DWP of your temporary absence from home as they request, see here :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Trav...ningATrip/DG_4017244

It would seem that this is unrelated to the non payment of your Assessment Rate of ESA.

The only thing that I can suggest is to recontact them.

You could make an official complaint :

Complaining to the DWP

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Leigh
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78200 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Re:Other benefits I may be able to claim.
Thank you for the information. Very useful. Was in touch with the DWP yesterday when I got back from Dublin. I was promised a call-back within 3 hours, didn't happen. Phoned again, didn't get call back until this morning and it was too late to process my claim because it is Friday. Was promised another call today, still no call - but I have been assured that my claim is now a priority. I know I can make a complaint, but I'm so desperate now that I don't want to preempt anything. That's how paranoid and dejected I am now, caused by awful incompetence on their part. They've had my appeal documentation since 2 or 3 December. I sent it recorded delivery and tracked it. Thanks again Bro...

• michaelg
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #78202 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Other benefits I may be able to claim.
Leigh wrote:

Thank you for the information. Very useful. Was in touch with the DWP yesterday when I got back from Dublin. I was promised a call-back within 3 hours, didn't happen. Phoned again, didn't get call back until this morning and it was too late to process my claim because it is Friday. Was promised another call today, still no call - but I have been assured that my claim is now a priority. I know I can make a complaint, but I'm so desperate now that I don't want to preempt anything. That's how paranoid and dejected I am now, caused by awful incompetence on their part. They've had my appeal documentation since 2 or 3 December. I sent it recorded delivery and tracked it. Thanks again Bro...

Hi Leigh

If you feel you are entitled to the Assessment Rate Of ESA and have not received it, I would suggest that you ask for face to face advice from an Agency listed below, who can advocate on your behalf. see here -

Where to get advice?

A phone call or visit to your MP's Surgery may also help, here -

Contacting your MP

Kind regards

Michael
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by michaelg. Reason: syntax

• Leigh
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #79242 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Re:Other benefits I may be able to claim.
Received payment. Backdated, but only after endless phone calls. Thank you for your advice, always appreciated.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.