× Members

Missing ATOS Medical Assessment

More
12 years 4 months ago #77730 by Iris7505
Missing ATOS Medical Assessment was created by Iris7505
I wrote a short while ago asking if anyone could help with requesting of ATOS that I have my medical at home. I filled my ESA50 in and was sent a letter giving me the date and time of my medical. My therapist wrote a letter saying that my panic attacks were very severe and could I have my medical at home.
I received a reply from ATOS yesterday. It didn't mess around. It said I have been placed in the work related activity group so I would have to attend 6 back to work appointments, there is no mention of a medical. I don't understand, I am sure that ATOS is up to something crafty! (i have to laugh or I will cry)has anyone any thoughts on this strange situation?
Iris :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago #77746 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Missing ATOS Medical Assessment
Iris wrote:

I wrote a short while ago asking if anyone could help with requesting of ATOS that I have my medical at home. I filled my ESA50 in and was sent a letter giving me the date and time of my medical. My therapist wrote a letter saying that my panic attacks were very severe and could I have my medical at home.
I received a reply from ATOS yesterday. It didn't mess around. It said I have been placed in the work related activity group so I would have to attend 6 back to work appointments, there is no mention of a medical. I don't understand, I am sure that ATOS is up to something crafty! (i have to laugh or I will cry)has anyone any thoughts on this strange situation?
Iris :unsure:

Hi I,

It is entirely possible for claimants to be put straight into the WRAG,without the need of a face to face assessment, and this has happened to many of our members.

However, the letter stating that you have been placed into the WRAG of ESA should be from the DWP Decision Maker, not ATOS.

bro58

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #77752 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Missing ATOS Medical Assessment
If you have actually received written notification from the DWP that you have been placed into the WRAG of ESA, and you feel that you should have been placed into the Support Group, you only have 1 month to appeal from the date of the WRAG Award.

See here :

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Our recently updated ESA Appeals Guide November 2011, can be accessed from here :

ESA Guides

Regarding any risk involved in appealing see here :

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

And here regarding qualifying for the SG :

Qualifying for the Support Group

Whether you appeal or not, because you have been placed into the WRAG, you will still have to take part in WFI's, see here :

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

And here :

Work Focussed Interviews

There is more information available in our FAQ's here :

FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by bro58. Reason: Extra info

More
12 years 3 months ago #78554 by Iris7505
Replied by Iris7505 on topic Re:Missing ATOS Medical Assessment
Thankyou so much Bro58. I wish I'd looked sooner, but I have not been well. What you have told me is extreamly helpful. At the present time I am going to appeal against the DWP decision maker's decision and ask to be put in the support group. I don't feel very confident though, however, from the begining of this, I have felt very strongly, that I have to take `ownership`(I don't like that phrase but I can understand it now as it is opposed to fear)of my own illnesses and the disabling effects they have on me in all aspects of my life, and I feel your answers help me do this.
I would just like to ask about the ESA50 questions. Will I have been given points for these? or will none be given because I am appealing?
thankyou bro :)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.