× Members

does my lawfull signature mean nothing ?

• robert
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #77867 by robert
i was contracted to pathways to work until 21/2.2012 now after all this time of no hassles i get a bill for overpayment from housing benefit & ouncil tax for nearly £2000.00 for telling them i was doing permitted work ,even though i have a written signature for myself and my pathways advisor,to say i understand what the law requires .and one was my better off calculation ,higher permitted work ,i agree that i will not work more than 16hrs a week ,you will recieve your IB also £95.00 - income tax ,and still recieve you HB & CT benefits,apparently the permitted work has gone up to £97.50 ,and pathways in exeter is a po box number ,& my advisor who was excellent at her job is ,who knows where ?,infact it is written in a commons debate that every customer will be told about permitted work changes and given the name of there advisor,
as always the disabled & longterm illnesses are let down by people who think they know what is best for us ,i myself i want to work ,but ifi do to much i regret it or i know i will make myself ill,but they cannot see that ,your sick so what your permitted work carrys on,actualy i had a major heart op and jp had previously agreed to stop my permitted work because i was off for 8 weeks ,what did they say when i rang them ? THE COMPUTER SAYS NO,so i worked all those hours for what ,so that they can take back £2000.00 ,does that mean the signed contract by me and the advisor for what the law requires of me is worth what exactly ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 3 months ago #77947 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:does my lawfull signature mean nothing ?
robert wrote:

i was contracted to pathways to work until 21/2.2012 now after all this time of no hassles i get a bill for overpayment from housing benefit & ouncil tax for nearly £2000.00 for telling them i was doing permitted work ,even though i have a written signature for myself and my pathways advisor,to say i understand what the law requires .and one was my better off calculation ,higher permitted work ,i agree that i will not work more than 16hrs a week ,you will recieve your IB also £95.00 - income tax ,and still recieve you HB & CT benefits,apparently the permitted work has gone up to £97.50 ,and pathways in exeter is a po box number ,& my advisor who was excellent at her job is ,who knows where ?,infact it is written in a commons debate that every customer will be told about permitted work changes and given the name of there advisor,
as always the disabled & longterm illnesses are let down by people who think they know what is best for us ,i myself i want to work ,but ifi do to much i regret it or i know i will make myself ill,but they cannot see that ,your sick so what your permitted work carrys on,actualy i had a major heart op and jp had previously agreed to stop my permitted work because i was off for 8 weeks ,what did they say when i rang them ? THE COMPUTER SAYS NO,so i worked all those hours for what ,so that they can take back £2000.00 ,does that mean the signed contract by me and the advisor for what the law requires of me is worth what exactly ?

Hi,

Your query lies far beyond the remit of the forum and would need at least face to face advice.

Please see: Where to get advice?

Pete

• robert
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78820 by robert
Replied by robert on topic Re:does my lawfull signature mean nothing ?
well look at it like this ,i have done permitted work since last ,febuary,and the dwp,forgot to imform me of the changes that had taken place i march,thats why i am in this predicoment,dwp say they cannot stop the HB or CT from claiming back my overpayment because i am still on the old permitted scheme,and have not seen a advisor,although i have been to my MP,C,A,B,& WELFORE FOR EMPLOYMENT ,an they still sent me my first reminder

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.