× Members

ESA Appeal Still Waiting 1 Year On...

• miku-star
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78041 by miku-star
ESA Appeal Still Waiting 1 Year On... was created by miku-star
Hi Everyone,

Last year i started an appeal to revise the decision of being placed in the work related activity group (risky i know), i spoke to DWP and they said they couldnt do a revision unless an appeals form is filed to get a decision maker to even pick it up and look at it.

Please bear in mind ATOS had to give me a home visit for my medical because i had medical evidence.

Also when i rang a lady i was supposed to be having a work focused interview with for the work related activity group she said she couldnt understand why i would have been placed in this group if i had to have a home visit for my medical?

They also very kindly let me have ESA at the work related group rate until the appeal is sorted but it is taking such a long time?

I contact the DWP and they just say its being passed onto someone who will revise the decision and i should get a letter within the next few weeks? this was in august.

Can anyone give me a rough idea how long this process takes or even if this is right, im worried ive got lost under a sea of appeals :unsure:

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78043 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Appeal Still Waiting 1 Year On...
Hi miku-star

It's not correct that you have to appeal for the DWP to reconsider the decision - you can write to the DWP to request a reconsideration, which does not involve the appeals service.

You can find the latest statistics regarding how long appeals take in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum, but please bear in mind that individual cases will vary considerably depending on location and delays in requesting information from other parties.

If you were told you will receive a letter in a few weeks time back in August and you haven't heard anything it may be worth contacting JCP to ask what's happening.

Good luck

Derek

• miku-star
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78045 by miku-star
Replied by miku-star on topic Re:ESA Appeal Still Waiting 1 Year On...
Thanks for your reply :)

When this all began i originally wrote to the DWP requesting somebody to revise the decision, a gentleman contacted me and said they cannot get a decision maker to look at the decision again unless i filed in an appeals form, apparently they are not available on hand, it has to be an official reason and go through the right processes.

If this is incorrect is there anything i can do about this?

Also in my letter i have specifically requested not to have the appeal go to a tribunal i just want a revision of the decision, this is because i really cannot withstand such a trauma.

I am hoping it shouldnt be much longer now.

Thanks Again :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #78047 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Appeal Still Waiting 1 Year On...
Hi miku-star

Page 6 of the ESA Appeals guide in the members' area explains Revisions and Appeals.

You can ask the DWP to look at the decision again (revision/reconsideration) and if you appeal it automatically gets reconsidered before being passed to appeal.

However, from what you have said your case is still at the reconsideration stage within the DWP. If you submitted the GL24 form and the reconsideration is unsuccessful it will automatically be passed to appeal, but you would have the option of withdrawing the appeal by writing to the tribunal if you do not wish the appeal to take place.

Regards

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.