× Members

Beginning ESA process - some Questions

More
12 years 2 months ago #78249 by MSHusband
Beginning ESA process - some Questions was created by MSHusband
My wife has had MS since 1987. She was awarded "DLA for life" at the h ighest rate in 1993, and has been unable to work since then, so has been receiving IB.

Just before Xmas, we received the notice of transfer to ESA. We were already prepared for it (thanks to this site). However, there are still some things I'm not clear on ...

1) What will happen to DLA ? I feel my wife fits into the support group, and working through the ESA tests here, it seems I'm right

2) How can I find out the decision maker in this case ? Is it a single person, or a team. I have read the advice to copy the ESA50 to them as well.

3) Would it be a good idea to link details we provide in the ESA boxes to attachments of correspondence between GP and various consultants

4) It seems some of the questions on the form are slightly compromised by the selection of answers e.g: Q9 "Do you have to wash or change your clothes ... [due to continence issues]" ... no option for "Daily" which is the case. Presumably we have to check "Weekly" and explain below ?

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78266 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Beginning ESA process - some Questions
MSHusband

1. Your wifes DLA should be unaffected by an ESA Decision as they are seperate benefits, but it is possible, if there is an adverse ESA Decision, for it to trigger a review of her DLA.

2. You can't identify the DM prior to submittig your documents, indeed you may not be able to do so after :) All I can suggest is that you address any correspondance "for the attenion of the Decision Maker" and sensure that you wifes full name and National Insurance number is included on each page.

3. Anything you can do to draw the DM's attention to relevant information is to your advantage.

4. I would suggest you add "See below" or similar wording next to the tick box.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.