× Members

IB to ESA: Start of Limit for ESA Benefit Pay

• Ernie45
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78250 by Ernie45
Hello, I'm very new here, so here goes.
I've been on IB for many years and have not yet been assest for the new ESA. Could anyone tell me if the 1 or 2 year benefit payment limit for the work group ESA is now definate or is it still a firm proposal? Also, am I correct in thinking that when someone is transferred to ESA from IB, the 1 or 2year benefit limit is started from the date of transfer, which is different to the retrospective back date applied to those already on ESA?
Many thanks & may I add what a great help this site is. I will however appoligise in advance if my questions have already been asked, only I do get easily confused and couldn't find any. Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78259 by mrbluesky57
Replied by mrbluesky57 on topic Re:IB to ESA: Start of Limit for ESA Benefit Pay
Hi i have spoke to a friend and he says he is in WRAG group and it states 2 years. I was of the opinion you were in wrag group for 1 year, then award ceased. Then you could get ESA means tested? Regards MBS.

• Survivor
12 years 3 months ago #78263 by Survivor
This is the information you need.

The legislation currently working its way through parliament is expected to bring in a limit to contributions based ESA for some claimants, after which it will still be possible to claim ESA(IR).

The contributions period will include time before the new provision comes in.

For details of how it will work, see the link.

• Ernie45
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78369 by Ernie45
Thanks to you both. So am I correct in assuming that: 1) The law setting a time limit for contribution based ESA (work group) benefit is almost certain to be passed & be effective from April 2012. 2) The limit will be for 1 year only. 3) For IB people, the 1 year clock will start ticking on the day they are officaly transferred to contribution based ESA (work group). Thanks again.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78370 by Gordon
Ernie45 wrote:

Thanks to you both. So am I correct in assuming that: 1) The law setting a time limit for contribution based ESA (work group) benefit is almost certain to be passed & be effective from April 2012. 2) The limit will be for 1 year only. 3) For IB people, the 1 year clock will start ticking on the day they are officaly transferred to contribution based ESA (work group). Thanks again.

Yes

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Ernie45
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78405 by Ernie45
Many thanks for your answer Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.