× Members

Medical assessments

• stevie 69
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78285 by stevie 69
Medical assessments was created by stevie 69
I am due a medical assessment soon and I wondered what sort medical it would be,can I expect a physical examamination ie: heart,lungs, blood pressure and walking/sitting test etc.
Or will it be purely oral ie: answering multible choice questions on a laptop as I have heard takes place on the forum,this will be conducted by a health professional(whatever that means)and what of qualifications and training would they have.
After all anyone working for the NHS could be discribed as a health professional

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78288 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Medical assessments
Stevie

You don't say whether your assessment is in relation to an ESA or DLA claim, however, the following FAQs may be of assistance.

DLA medical examination

ESA Medical – What to expect

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #78331 by calimero
Replied by calimero on topic Re: Medical assessments
Hi Stevie, Its generally a bit of both and is theoretically meant to be led my the ESA50 submission you made to ATOS.
Please however if you can, take someone with you. And if you are a cynic like myself NOTE the name of the HCP (Examiner).
I did this recently and discovered via the internet that the HCP was not as REGISTERED as the individual claimed to be. The subsequent complaint resulted in a fresh medical (successful)!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.