× Members

ESA Appeal/Complaint Update

More
12 years 3 months ago #78304 by greeneyedlad
ESA Appeal/Complaint Update was created by greeneyedlad
As you may know from my previous posts further to my wrag decision i appealed & upon reconsideration got support group.
I also esculated a complaint to the dwp area manager with a few questions & today recieved my reply.

i asked why i was not point scored on the WCA as the "met the threashold" statement gave me no info,
& he replied that i had "passed on scrutiny" without the need for an Atos medical & was EXEMPTED for the limited capability for work assessment & passed WCA on scrutiny based on the evidence held.

he then passed the buck & stated that it is up to Atos to determine the necessity to obtain additional supporting evidence in order to decide whether to pass the WCA or not.
in my case i passed & it was not deemed necessary to obtain additional evidence.

As i obtained a supporting letter from my psychiatrist myself, this is what swung my appeal & got me support group status i would imagine then.

i cant help thinking though if they had read my ESA50 properly they would have known they needed to get that additional info before deciding which group to put me in & it would have saved all the hassle.

ah well. hope my story maybe helps someone else reading it.

good luck

martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78322 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: ESA Appeal/Complaint Update
Forgot to say a big massive thank you to this site, its guides, moderators advice & members encouragement, without whome i would not have had the knowledge to apply for esa or the courage to appeal.

well worth the joining fee.

thank you again

martin

More
12 years 3 months ago #78327 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Appeal/Complaint Update
Martin

I am glad we were able to help. Congratulations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.