× Members

Where do we start

More
12 years 2 months ago #78320 by Geoff
Where do we start was created by Geoff
Well this may have been covered before but for the life of me we do not know where to start.
Both my wife and I are on DLA,carers and Income support etc indefinately. Now our sons marriage has collapsed and he is having to come and live with us he is also disabled and currently applying for DLA. Will his moving in cause us any problems with benefits ???? We are becoming very worried not only for him but also for our so far stable benefit claim. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 months ago #78326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Where do we start
Geoff wrote:

Well this may have been covered before but for the life of me we do not know where to start.
Both my wife and I are on DLA,carers and Income support etc indefinately. Now our sons marriage has collapsed and he is having to come and live with us he is also disabled and currently applying for DLA. Will his moving in cause us any problems with benefits ???? We are becoming very worried not only for him but also for our so far stable benefit claim. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

You need to get face to face advice from an advisor who can look at your benefits in detail and explain the implications, if any, of your son moving in.

I would recommend you speak to your local CAB or Welfare Rights office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 2 months ago #78328 by Geoff
Replied by Geoff on topic Re:Where do we start
Thanks for that but local CAB are next to useless, have previously got all my excellent advice here.
  • Survivor
12 years 2 months ago #78330 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Where do we start
The difficulty we would have with even beginning to advise you is that we do not know the whole facts of your situation or all the benefits and premiums that you are receiving or to which you might be entitled.

Unfortunately, because of this sort of situation, we do not give advice on here as to an individual's specific entitlemment to benefits.
More
12 years 2 months ago #78334 by Geoff
Replied by Geoff on topic Re:Where do we start
If you have time please PM me and I can give more details.
More
12 years 2 months ago #78336 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Where do we start
Geoff wrote:

If you have time please PM me and I can give more details.

I'm sorry but the current forum software does not support PM and to ensure the privacy of members, we will not allow the publication of email addresses in messages.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.