× Members

DLA1A

• Dragon
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78351 by Dragon
DLA1A was created by Dragon
Please accept my apologies if this question has been posed previously but I have searched B & W website and have failed to find an answer.

My son's DLA award is due to end in May. As a consequence we have received form DLA1A. However the letter does not give a return deadline, it simply states, "send it back as soon as possible." How much time does this give us? 1wk, a month, 6wks!!!

I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Many thanks

Kaz & Gaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78356 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA1A
Dragon

This subject is discussed in the following FAQ.

When should I send my renewal form back?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pata1
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #78357 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:DLA1A
Hi Kaz & Gaz,

The DLA Unit in Blackpool send out renewal forms around 3-6 months before their current award is due to end. This is done so that they have sufficient time to process a renewal before the current award ends.

It's really up to you as to when you return it so long as it's before the award ends.

There are two schools of thought on this, if you return it too soon, it's possible that the DWP Decision Maker (DM) could change the award and lower it from the date they look at the renewal. (or of course it could be increased) if needs have worsened.

On the other hand if you leave it too late, the current award may end before the DM has had time to process it.

Bit of a 'catch 22' :unsure:

If it were me, I'd send it back about 6-8 weeks before the current award ends, but this is only a guesstimate on my part.

Best wishes.

Pat
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by pata1. Reason: Corrected Typo.

• Dragon
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78360 by Dragon
Replied by Dragon on topic Re:DLA1A
Thank you both. I knew I could rely on you for your expedite reply and expert advice ;)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.