× Members

blue badge scheme

• andypandy59
12 years 2 months ago #78643 by andypandy59
Replied by andypandy59 on topic Re:blue badge scheme
You don't need to be on high rate mobility to qualify for a blue badge.If your disability is bad enough for you to get around, even if you don't drive, you will qualify. it's all up yo your GP. Obtain a form from the council. They will take your photo for verification that you are the person owning the badge. Fill out the form. Return to the council. They send it to your GP who ticks the boxes as regards your disability. It does take approx six weeks, however well worth the wait. Best thing I've done. Hope this helps many out there.
from andypandy59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78649 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:blue badge scheme
andypandy

Under the new rules, introduced at the beginning of the year, I don't think it's quite that easy anymore :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #78686 by Harry
Replied by Harry on topic Re:blue badge scheme
Have just reapplied for my badge due expire at the end of Jan. There is now much more paperwork to complete and if not in recepit of one of the automatic qualifying catagories you now need to answer some questions about your mobility. The form states that they may contact your GP for more info or request that you attend an assessment. There is also a lot of stuff to complete regarding verification of your address and proof of your identity.

All this is of course a nuisance, however if it reduces BB fraud it is worth it.

Good luck
H

More
12 years 2 months ago #78693 by louise
Replied by louise on topic Re:blue badge scheme
I have been filling in the forms on line it is very complicated to do. I got assessed last feb but got turned down but since then my condition has got alot worse so hopefully I will be lucky this time . x

• pata1
12 years 2 months ago #78739 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:blue badge scheme
The criteria for issue of Blue Badges varies from local authority to local authority.

Those in receipt of higher rate mobility component of DLA automatically qualify for a Blue Badge. Here in Cumbria, you compete a form which your GP signs, but then you have to be assessed by an Occupational Therapist to qualify.

In neighbouring Lancashire, if your GP states they feel you qualify, then you get your Blue Badge.

In my opinion, the criteria should be the same throughout the UK.

GP's can be 'persuaded' to sign you application form, in fact from many I've helped complete their form many don't even read them as they're so busy.

Those over 65 years of age of course cannot apply for DLA, so to make the system fair for all wherever they resides, I'm very much in favour of an assessment by an OT in all areas.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78764 by louise
Replied by louise on topic Re:blue badge scheme
How do I get my gp to sign the form , the one I am doing is a online form.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.