× Members

Income support to IB

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #78390 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Income support to IB
stuart52 wrote:

hi gordon,
can i just tag something onto this thread please?
i too am on income support, i have never had a medical and have never been asked to attend one, in 1986 i was registered as blind, i had my UB40 taken off me, told not to go there again (suited me fine!), i got a pension book, i think it was called supplementary benefit in those days later to be called income support, to cut a long story short at some point i am sure i too will get the dreaded letter, so am i right in thinking from what you put in your reply to the OP that those being transferred generally are transferred to ESA WITHOUT a medical? if this is so then thats encouraging, i have heard so much about ATOS thats not good.
stuart

Hi S52,

As part of the ESA Work Capability Assessment(WCA), a transferee/claimant may or may not be required to attend a face to face medical assessment.

It is not possible to predict whether a face to face will take place. It may depend on how much information the DWP hold on you, regarding your medical conditions/limitations.

The more information and supporting evidence that can be included with the ESA50 questionnaire, (When it is your time to be assessed) the more chance that you will be given an award of ESA without the need for a face to face.

It may help if you read the information from the following links :

The Transfer Process

When will I be transferred?

What will I be transferred to?

You could have a look at the interactive Pdf ESA50 here :

Use Of The Interactive PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

See download link at the bottom of the page from the above link.

And see how it ties in with our ESA Claims guides here :

ESA Guides

There is a whole section of links regarding ESA and the transfer process in our FAQ's, which can be accessed from this link :
FAQ’s

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stuart52
12 years 3 months ago #78492 by stuart52
Replied by stuart52 on topic Re:Income support to IB
thanks bro58 for the info, fingers crossed then for a smooth transition as and when it happens, as always this forum is invaluable.
stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.