× Members

Simple question..hopefully!!

More
12 years 2 months ago #78419 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:Simple question..hopefully!!
stickman1992 wrote:

Hi, So let me get this right, I am currently on IB and being assessed for esa. If i dont get support group then i only get 12 months benefit as my wife works and earns over £150!!! That seems crazy and i bet if you do lose the esa payments after 12 months dla wont be far behind.

Maybe one way (under the current proposals) to make another claim for CB ESA is if you're pretty sure you'll get into the Support Group.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78420 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Simple question..hopefully!!
Hi R,

The length of the DLA award is not relevant to whether the recipient may be reassessed under PIP criteria, it is the age of the DLA recipient.

Don't forget that even DLA recipients who remain on DLA, whether with a "life award" or an "indefinate award", can be reviewed, as in the : The Right Payment Programme

The answers to your questions are in the :
Guide to the draft assessment criteria for PIP

From the link on my previous post, and in the information on The Welfare Reform Bill link that I have also provided.

bro58

• stickman1992
12 years 2 months ago #78455 by stickman1992
Replied by stickman1992 on topic Re:Simple question..hopefully!!
Hi Rad, as i understand it you can get assessed anytime regardless of your age. Age only comes into it when meeting the criteria to apply for dla i.e under 65 but just because you are over 65 does not exempt you from reassessment. I think thats right but if not i am sure someone more experianced can advise you.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78572 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:Simple question..hopefully!!
Just reading (sad isn't it!!!) the latest amendments to the WRB laid down in the Lords and there's something potentially interesting at line 43 (down the left hand side)!!

If Freud wants to put it in there may be some hope it will get in.

I'm not too sure what "Section 1A of the Welfare Reform Act 2007 " says but the amendment goes in after it.

www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/.../amend/ml114-iii.htm

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.