× Members

ESA work programme

More
12 years 2 months ago #78574 by zip
ESA work programme was created by zip
Thanks for a great site - wish I had found you sooner. I am on ESA WRAG and recently had a reassessment and was put on mandatory work programme by personal advisor at JCP. From what I have read I understand that this happens when your prognosis for returning to work is three months or less. On my ATOS medical report it states: "Expected change: I advise that a return to work could be considered within 6 months. Reasons for the opinion given: The history and examination indicates that the client may return to work in the shorter term." This is confusing to me, unfortunately I didn't know enough to question this at the time and am now six weeks into the WP (which is appalling and I am complaining but that's another story). I would appreciate any help to clarify this situation.

I have just received another ESA50 to complete and plan on being better informed for the next round. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA work programme
zip

The current policy is to refer anybody, where there is an expectation that they could return to work, within 3 months or the referral, this usually coincides with a new ESA50 to be completed.

Whilst claimants can find out their expected re-assessment date by requesting their ESA85(A), there is little you can do to change this date as it is an opinion by the ATOS "doctor" and therefore difficult to dispute other than through a complaint to ATOS over the quality of whole medical report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #78599 by zip
Replied by zip on topic Re:ESA work programme
Thanks Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.