× Members

Too Old To Seek Work?

• Sickofit
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78576 by Sickofit
Too Old To Seek Work? was created by Sickofit
In an article in yesterday's Daily Mail (mentioned elsewhere)about people living abroad being reassessed for ESA, it states that: "As in the UK, those who are approaching 60 or more will not be reassessed because they are deemed to be too old to seek work". If this is the case, then surely anyone over 60, whether living abroad or in the UK, should not be placed in the Work Related Activity Group as they are deemed too old to seek work. I am 63 years old and became unable to work 18 months ago after paying full taxes and National Insurance for 46 years. Because I am in the WRAG, I could lose my contribution-based ESA in April if, as expected, today's Bill goes through. Your thoughts on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #78579 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Too Old To Seek Work?
Sickofit wrote:

In an article in yesterday's Daily Mail (mentioned elsewhere)about people living abroad being reassessed for ESA, it states that: "As in the UK, those who are approaching 60 or more will not be reassessed because they are deemed to be too old to seek work". If this is the case, then surely anyone over 60, whether living abroad or in the UK, should not be placed in the Work Related Activity Group as they are deemed too old to seek work. I am 63 years old and became unable to work 18 months ago after paying full taxes and National Insurance for 46 years. Because I am in the WRAG, I could lose my contribution-based ESA in April if, as expected, today's Bill goes through. Your thoughts on this matter would be very much appreciated.

All that I can say Soi is the same as we replied in a similar query yesterday, "It is the Daily Mail".

Here are the rules for exemptions regarding migration to ESA, and State Retirement Age :

Who will be transferred?

See a similar query yesterday, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=78532#78532

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78587 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Re:Too Old To Seek Work?
If only the Daily Wail was correct about this. However I suspect tardy research, as it is true in part, namely that those who qualify for state pensions or pension credit before 2014 won't be transferred to ESA. Unfortunately the government has changed the goalposts moving retirement dates ever further ahead.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.