× Members

Should I tell them I've done of voluntary work?

• ShootingStar
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78619 by ShootingStar
Does anyone know if it will be in my favour or not if I include on my ESA form and medical interview that I have done a few hours voluntary work? It was one day a week and I could cope with it as I was well treated and it was something I enjoyed and was good at. I didn't inform them at the time as I wasn't sure if I had too plus it's stressful to deal with them. I haven't had a paid job since 2006 and don't think I'll be well enough for one for between 6 months and a year. Will admitting I've done voluntary work show I'm co operating and want to eventually return to work or result in them judging me as well enough to go for a job right now? I can't take pressure and being forced to do things work-related, it has a very bad impact on my mental health.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78620 by bro58
ShootingStar wrote:

Does anyone know if it will be in my favour or not if I include on my ESA form and medical interview that I have done a few hours voluntary work? It was one day a week and I could cope with it as I was well treated and it was something I enjoyed and was good at. I didn't inform them at the time as I wasn't sure if I had too plus it's stressful to deal with them. I haven't had a paid job since 2006 and don't think I'll be well enough for one for between 6 months and a year. Will admitting I've done voluntary work show I'm co operating and want to eventually return to work or result in them judging me as well enough to go for a job right now? I can't take pressure and being forced to do things work-related, it has a very bad impact on my mental health.

Hi SS,

You are only obliged to answer questions posed, in the ESA50, honestly and to the best of your knowledge and ability.

Any advice that I could give regarding the voluntary work, would be purely subjective.

Therefore, it is a decision that only you can make.

Cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.