× Members

ESA - "groups" - confusing

More
12 years 2 months ago #78626 by Griffinit
ESA - "groups" - confusing was created by Griffinit
I find the whole ESA assessment confusing in terms of which group(s) one is elligable for and which group one actually ends up in. Am I right that one can be assessed as elligable for the work-related group but that if the assessment also assesses one as eligable for the support group, then the placement will be to the support group?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78631 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA -
Griffin wrote:

I find the whole ESA assessment confusing in terms of which group(s) one is elligable for and which group one actually ends up in. Am I right that one can be assessed as elligable for the work-related group but that if the assessment also assesses one as eligable for the support group, then the placement will be to the support group?

Hi G,

See the links on my post in your other thread regarding qualifying for SG and WRAG, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=78624#78629

As it would seem that you are new to the forum, it may help also if you read :
Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can access all our ESA Claim Guides from here :

ESA Guides

And our very infomative FAQ's here :

FAQ’s

You can search the forums from here :

Searching The Forum

bro58

More
12 years 2 months ago #78634 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:ESA -
Griffin wrote:

Basically if it's decided that one (or more) of the Support Group descriptors applies to your case then you can be placed into the Supprt Group. Otherwise you must achieve a score of 15 points minimum to get into the WRAG.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #78638 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA -
Gareth wrote:

Griffin wrote:

Basically if it's decided that one (or more) of the Support Group descriptors applies to your case then you can be placed into the Supprt Group. Otherwise you must achieve a score of 15 points minimum to get into the WRAG.

Just to be clear G,

You must score maximum points (15) on one or more of the SG Descriptors, to gain entry to the SG.

It is possible to score well in excess of the minimum 15 points required, cumulatively in the different descriptors, and still only be awarded WRAG.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.