× Members

WCA home visit

• stevie 69
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78684 by stevie 69
WCA home visit was created by stevie 69

About the medical assessment

The medical assessment will usually take place at a Medical Centre near where you live. If you're unfit to travel or you live more than 90 minutes' journey from the nearest centre, the approved healthcare professional may visit you at home.

You will usually be contacted by telephone by the Medical Services provider. This can be any time between 8.30 am and 8.00 pm. You will be given notice of your appointment and the option to change it if the time doesn't suit you. Your appointment time will be between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm.

It is very important to attend and fully participate in your medical assessment as your benefit may be affected if you don't. If for any reason you cannot attend, you should contact the Medical Centre beforehand and arrange another appointment.

The above quote is from Direct Gov website

As I live 1hr 45 mins by car and 2hrs 30mins by public transport and my consultant has insisted that due to a plastic surgery graft I need to keep my leg elevated 5hrs out of every 6hrs to aid healing and prevent swelling, what are the chances of me qualifying for a home visit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78691 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:WCA home visit
stevie 69 wrote:

About the medical assessment

The medical assessment will usually take place at a Medical Centre near where you live. If you're unfit to travel or you live more than 90 minutes' journey from the nearest centre, the approved healthcare professional may visit you at home.

You will usually be contacted by telephone by the Medical Services provider. This can be any time between 8.30 am and 8.00 pm. You will be given notice of your appointment and the option to change it if the time doesn't suit you. Your appointment time will be between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm.

It is very important to attend and fully participate in your medical assessment as your benefit may be affected if you don't. If for any reason you cannot attend, you should contact the Medical Centre beforehand and arrange another appointment.

The above quote is from Direct Gov website

As I live 1hr 45 mins by car and 2hrs 30mins by public transport and my consultant has insisted that due to a plastic surgery graft I need to keep my leg elevated 5hrs out of every 6hrs to aid healing and prevent swelling, what are the chances of me qualifying for a home visit

Hi S69,

You should go into some detail regarding your travel limitations on your ESA50, and formally request a "Home Assessment".

It will definately help, if you have your G.P.'s support in this request, as they may send him an ESA113 to fill in, please see question 6 of ESA113, here :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/esa113-interactive.pdf

It is well worth discussing this issue with your G.P., at your earliest convenience.

bro58

• stevie 69
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78708 by stevie 69
Replied by stevie 69 on topic Re:WCA home visit
Hi Bro58,
I will gather as much evidence as possible with support from my GP/orthopedic surgeon and community nurse hopefully I will qualify for a home visit, mind due with waiting times as they are I could be signed off and back at work by time I get an appointment!!!!!!!!
regards
s69

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.