× Members

Second ESA50 form arrived today!

• avalon
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78692 by avalon
Second ESA50 form arrived today! was created by avalon
Hi all,

Having spent about a week filling in my first ESA50 form to get it back in time for 4/1/12 I have now received another blank ESA50 form with a request to fill it in and send it back by 10/2/12. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do? Could anyone else advise me of the best way to handle this situation?

I do not want to ring them up as I do not trust them on telephone calls, so should I just return it and say I have already sent one in with its details of postage etc? Or should I return it with a copy of the ESA50 already submitted.

Fortunately I do have proof of postage of the original form as I sent it Special Delivery.

This happening to me also suggests that it is in a person's best interests to fill in the on line version of the ESA50 rather than do it in writing on the form they send. Imagine if I had to fill out another one and do all that writing again!! Fortunately I filled in the on line version so I can just download it and resend it if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Many thanks,

Avalon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78695 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re: Second ESA50 form arrived today!
Severe possibility they have crossed in the post considering the time of year.

Check your Special Delivery online and it will give you the date it was signed for, then phone DWP and tell them when it was signed for as it may be on the system by now.

Lisa

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #78696 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Second ESA50 form arrived today!
avalon wrote:

Hi all,

Having spent about a week filling in my first ESA50 form to get it back in time for 4/1/12 I have now received another blank ESA50 form with a request to fill it in and send it back by 10/2/12. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do? Could anyone else advise me of the best way to handle this situation?

I do not want to ring them up as I do not trust them on telephone calls, so should I just return it and say I have already sent one in with its details of postage etc? Or should I return it with a copy of the ESA50 already submitted.

Fortunately I do have proof of postage of the original form as I sent it Special Delivery.

This happening to me also suggests that it is in a person's best interests to fill in the on line version of the ESA50 rather than do it in writing on the form they send. Imagine if I had to fill out another one and do all that writing again!! Fortunately I filled in the on line version so I can just download it and resend it if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Many thanks,

Avalon

Hi A,

There does seem to be an admin error here.

It may be advisable to contact ATOS / DWP regarding this error.

You could contact them by phone, but it would be advisable to back this up in writing, keep copy, and post by recorded delivery, you could include a copy of the proof of posting, and also copy of the original letter from ATOS that came with the first ESA50 containing the original deadline date of 4/1/12.

If you do not feel that this matter has been resolved in writing by the time of the second deadline, and you have copy of the original, it may be best to send the ESA50 in again with a covering letter.

See ATOS website here for contact details :

www.atoshealthcare.com/index.php?option=...ion&id=14&Itemid=288

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #78698 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re: Second ESA50 form arrived today!
lochlisa wrote:

Severe possibility they have crossed in the post considering the time of year.

Check your Special Delivery online and it will give you the date it was signed for, then phone DWP and tell them when it was signed for as it may be on the system by now.

Lisa

Hi L,

If ATOS do not receive an ESA50 by deadline, the claimant's file is returned to the DWP DM.

The DWP DM has to then decide whether the claimant has just cause / good reason, for not returning the ESA50 on time.

This can result in the claimant's benefit being stopped.

Therefore, it is not really a desirable situation to be in.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• avalon
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78734 by avalon
Replied by avalon on topic Re:Second ESA50 form arrived today!
Hi all,

Many thanks for all the replies. Once again, because I suffer from anxiety your swift and well thought out answers have helped me to preserve my composure.

All the best,

Avalon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.