× Members

Have I been placed on ESA or not?

More
12 years 2 months ago #78715 by micksville
Have I been placed on ESA or not? was created by micksville
ATOS recieved my ESA 50 and supporting documents about 20th December: I Called ATOS today as Ive heard nothing and they just said my paperwork has been sent back to the DWP just before New Year( I assume to a DM). they said that going off the info I had sent they had sent it back to the DWP recommending that they didnt need to see me for 2 more years.
However, neither ESA nor Incap seem to have any info as to whether I've scored enough points for ESA ( I assume I have) nor which group I might have been placed in. ATOS didnt mention a medical when I spoke to them today and I havent been sent for one from what I can gather.
Im waiting for a call back from the BDC in my area as it looks like Im still on Incap according to their screens but there is a backlog and perhaps nobody has had chance to update it all yet.The call centres one is connected to when you phone the number on benefits letetrs never seem to know anything, which I why I've asked for the BDC to call me back themselves.I'm assuming the fact they say they dont need to see me for two years means Ive been assessed for one element or other of ESA as if they had simply failed me and I needed to claim JSA or appeal why mention seeing me again ( in 2 years time). As ever confusion reigns....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #78717 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Have I been placed on ESA or not?
micksville wrote:

ATOS recieved my ESA 50 and supporting documents about 20th December: I Called ATOS today as Ive heard nothing and they just said my paperwork has been sent back to the DWP just before New Year( I assume to a DM). they said that going off the info I had sent they had sent it back to the DWP recommending that they didnt need to see me for 2 more years.
However, neither ESA nor Incap seem to have any info as to whether I've scored enough points for ESA ( I assume I have) nor which group I might have been placed in. ATOS didnt mention a medical when I spoke to them today and I havent been sent for one from what I can gather.
Im waiting for a call back from the BDC in my area as it looks like Im still on Incap according to their screens but there is a backlog and perhaps nobody has had chance to update it all yet.The call centres one is connected to when you phone the number on benefits letetrs never seem to know anything, which I why I've asked for the BDC to call me back themselves.I'm assuming the fact they say they dont need to see me for two years means Ive been assessed for one element or other of ESA as if they had simply failed me and I needed to claim JSA or appeal why mention seeing me again ( in 2 years time). As ever confusion reigns....

Hi MV,

You really do need something in writing from the DWP to confirm your award of ESA.

Make sure that you note the time of the call with the BDC, if they call back, get the name of the person that you speak to, record the conversation if you can.

I would then send a letter stating what was discussed in the phone conversation, and any conclusions.

Keep a copy, and send it by recorded delivery, you could ask in the phone conversation, where, and who you should address the letter to.

The DWP have set up IB Reassessment Teams around the country, at different locations,so the reassessment team dealing with your ESA WCA may not be situated at your local BDC.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78720 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re:Have I been placed on ESA or not?
I'm pretty sure I've got into the support group bro... The ATOS person said I'd provided more than enough info and that they didnt even need to ask more info from my GP. Its just that the DWP have been in reciept of ATOS report for almost 2 weeks now and no-one seems to know whats happening.It's frustrating. But it's a good sign that I wasnt sent for a medical ( not that i had concerns about such) and they dont want me for two years. But in the conversation 3 different BDC.s were mentioned for me. No wonder the systems backlogged

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78722 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Have I been placed on ESA or not?
micksville wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've got into the support group bro... The ATOS person said I'd provided more than enough info and that they didnt even need to ask more info from my GP. Its just that the DWP have been in reciept of ATOS report for almost 2 weeks now and no-one seems to know whats happening.It's frustrating. But it's a good sign that I wasnt sent for a medical ( not that i had concerns about such) and they dont want me for two years. But in the conversation 3 different BDC.s were mentioned for me. No wonder the systems backlogged

Hi MV,

There most likely will be a backlog with Xmas/New Year, I think they were gridlocked even before this. :laugh:

Still best to get it in writing, however as long as they have received your ESA50, and you are not requested to attend a medical, and fail to attend, and your IB continues to be paid, the ball is firmly in their court.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.