× Members

how to appeal esa.

• geordie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78771 by geordie
how to appeal esa. was created by geordie
I attended a medical foe ESA. Got 0 points. I have heart problems, angina, diabettes and have been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and interstitial lung disease after having one lung removed. I already receive DLA. I'm now afraid they will stop my DLA. How do I appeal this. Will my dr. help.Is there a step by step guide in appealing. Please help. George :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #78772 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:how to appeal esa.
geordie wrote:

I attended a medical foe ESA. Got 0 points. I have heart problems, angina, diabettes and have been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and interstitial lung disease after having one lung removed. I already receive DLA. I'm now afraid they will stop my DLA. How do I appeal this. Will my dr. help.Is there a step by step guide in appealing. Please help. George :S

Hi G,

As you are new to the forum, you may wish to read :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There are links to relevant information on appealing and ESA in our FAQ's here :

FAQ’s

In particular see our very recently updated ESA Appeals Guide,

Employment and Support Allowance appeals New January 2012

Which can be accessed here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

You will also need to gain a fit note from your G.P. to send in as well as the GL24 Form, you should then be entitled to the Assessment Rate of ESA whilst appealing.

On appealing, your case will first be automatically reconsidered by a different DWP Decision Maker, it is possible that the decision may be changed at that stage, if not it will be sent forward to the Appeals Service.

You only have 1 month to appeal from tha date of the letter that you have received informing you of the decision, you should use a GL24 Form which can be downloaded from the link on this page :

How to submit an appeal

After reading the information from the links above, if you have any further general questions. please return to the forum.

bro58

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #78774 by bro58
To help further, may I draw your attention to :

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

The above links take you to relevant pages in our FAQ's, which are located in the Spotlights Area above the Forum, as I have previously stated there is some very useful information there, and it is well worth checking at regular intervals, as they are updated.

bro58

• geordie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78785 by geordie
Replied by geordie on topic Re:how to appeal esa.
I already had attended an ESA medical in May 2011 and was put on support group. then i was asked to attend one in December when i received 0 points. I'm confused and beginning to feel victimised.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #78788 by bro58
geordie wrote:

I already had attended an ESA medical in May 2011 and was put on support group. then i was asked to attend one in December when i received 0 points. I'm confused and beginning to feel victimised.

Hi G,

I'm afraid that no matter what group of ESA, (Support Group or WRAG) a claimant is placed in, they will be subject to regular reviews/reassesments.

There is no exemption, such as there was with IB, in being classed as PCA exempt, nor are there any indefinate awards, as with DLA.

The only way to be sure of the length of any award of ESA, is to request copy of the relevant ESA reports, after being assessed, and receiving notification of the decision.

That would be an ESA85 if a face to face assessment took place, or an ESA85A if no face to face took place.

Or there could be an LT54, if an award was made on reconsideration or appeal.

Within these reports will be the (prognosis) the recommended length of award, before review.

Please see :
How often will I be reviewed

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

All available in our FAQ's in the Spotlight Area, above the forum.

bro58

• geordie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78854 by geordie
Replied by geordie on topic Re:how to appeal esa.
:( HI. I got a sick note for 4 weeks from my Doctor. Who do i send this to. In the letter from ESA they said i am no longer on ESA so do i send it to job seekers ?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.