× Members

how to appeal esa.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78856 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:how to appeal esa.
geordie wrote:

:( HI. I got a sick note for 4 weeks from my Doctor. Who do i send this to. In the letter from ESA they said i am no longer on ESA so do i send it to job seekers ?

Hi G,

It would be best to contact the phone number that you will have on any letters regarding your ESA, and enquire where you should send your fit note to.

Keep a photocopy of it, and preferably send it by recorded delivery.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geordie
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78857 by geordie
Replied by geordie on topic Re:how to appeal esa.
Hi Bro thanks will do that. Thanks for all your help

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78858 by bro58
Hi G,

Don't forget that you will have to send in your GL24 to appeal before the 1 month deadline.

Once they have your fit note and your GL24, you should then be entitled to Assessment Rate ESA.

So you may wish to enquire also where your GL24 should be sent to.

Again keep a copy of the relevant parts of the GL24, and post by recorded delivery.

bro58

• geordie
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78868 by geordie
Replied by geordie on topic Re:how to appeal esa.
Hi Bro. Can i ask my doctor to write a statement on my behalf to submit with my appeal. Should i write a lot or keep it simple. Can i submit passages from the internet concerning my illness or just write laymans terms. Thanks

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78870 by bro58
geordie wrote:

Hi Bro. Can i ask my doctor to write a statement on my behalf to submit with my appeal. Should i write a lot or keep it simple. Can i submit passages from the internet concerning my illness or just write laymans terms. Thanks

Hi G,

Any letter of support from your G.P. can only help.

However, he is not contractually obliged to give you such a letter, and if he does there may be a charge.

As well as mentioning your medical conditions, try to get him to refer to and tie them in, regarding your resulting limitations, with the ESA qualifying descriptors as mentioned in our ESA Claims Guides.

Of course, you can only ask him, you can not force him to do anything. :)

We have found that some members G.P.'s are very supportive, and others just simply don't want to know.

bro58

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78871 by bro58
geordie wrote:

Hi G,

You can fill it in which ever style that you wish, as long as you draw attention to how you fulfill the descriptors that would qualify you for ESA.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.