× Members

moving to ESA

• medicinehat
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78773 by medicinehat
moving to ESA was created by medicinehat
I am in my 59th year, i was reading people approaching 60 or over will not be reasessed for work related activity? I have quite a few health problems, worst, arthritic fingers, have to inject 5 times insulin daily, no help, no help from DLA for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #78777 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:moving to ESA
medicinehat wrote:

I am in my 59th year, i was reading people approaching 60 or over will not be reasessed for work related activity? I have quite a few health problems, worst, arthritic fingers, have to inject 5 times insulin daily, no help, no help from DLA for this?

Hi MH,

I can only draw your attention to the current rules/legislation, regarding exemption from being migrated to ESA with respect to State Retirement Age. See here :

Who will be transferred?

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #78779 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Re:moving to ESA
You are in the same situation as myself, medecinehat. The SPA has been changed, so that according the the DWP calculator I will not get my SP until 2018 instead of the original date 2013, and I am not well pleased.

If the government would only relent and just leave me alone until I reach SPA, as how the hell someone of my age is supposed to find work is beyond me and grossly unfair.

I have often wondered whether due to the large amount of people that will be in the labour market that the government will amend the rules.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.