× Members

ESA Appeal Result

More
12 years 3 months ago #78787 by GAP23
ESA Appeal Result was created by GAP23
My brother had his Appeal today having not been awarded any points following his WCA. His Decision Notice says:"The appeal is allowed.The decision of the Secretary of State issued on 07/06/2011 is set aside. The Tribunal awarded 9 points (17c) under Schedule 2, however, they did consider that appellant has exceptional circumstances, and is not fit for work under Regulation 29(2)(b. The Tribunal considered no points could be awarded under Schedule 3"
Does this mean he will now get ESA? We are not sure as he did not achieve the minimum 15 points required but the Appeal Tribunal has stated he is not fit for work. He has been claiming ESA at assessment rate since DWP decision on 6 June 2011.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #78791 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA Appeal Result
Maureen wrote:

My brother had his Appeal today having not been awarded any points following his WCA. His Decision Notice says:"The appeal is allowed.The decision of the Secretary of State issued on 07/06/2011 is set aside. The Tribunal awarded 9 points (17c) under Schedule 2, however, they did consider that appellant has exceptional circumstances, and is not fit for work under Regulation 29(2)(b. The Tribunal considered no points could be awarded under Schedule 3"
Does this mean he will now get ESA? We are not sure as he did not achieve the minimum 15 points required but the Appeal Tribunal has stated he is not fit for work. He has been claiming ESA at assessment rate since DWP decision on 6 June 2011.

Hi M,

It looks very much from what you write that your brother has been awarded ESA in the WRAG, (Work Related Activity Group), under Exceptional Circumstances, ESA Regulation 29 (2) (b) see here :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/part/5/made

It is possible to be placed into the WRAG of ESA due to the above, without actually scoring the required 15 points.

It may help to speed up the process with the DWP, if you send a copy of the decision notice to the relevant DWP office that is dealing with your brother's ESA.

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #78792 by GAP23
Replied by GAP23 on topic Re:ESA Appeal Result
Hi bro58,
Many thanks for the very quick response. This is absolutely brilliant news, my brother will be delighted. The Tribunal was not as daunting as we anticipated, the Judge and Doctor were very pleasant and questioning was very fair.
Thanks again M.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #78806 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA Appeal Result
Maureen wrote:

Hi bro58,
Many thanks for the very quick response. This is absolutely brilliant news, my brother will be delighted. The Tribunal was not as daunting as we anticipated, the Judge and Doctor were very pleasant and questioning was very fair.
Thanks again M.

Hi M,

Don't forget that your brother should receive the difference between the Assessment Rate of ESA that he has been in receipt of whilst appealing and the WRAG rate of ESA, i.e. the Work Related Activity Component.

This should be backdated to the time of the original adverse decision.

See here for current ESA rates :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=view&catid=13&id=39796

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78816 by GAP23
Replied by GAP23 on topic Re:ESA Appeal Result
Hi bro58,
This gets better! Thank you as we were not aware that my brother could get the difference in rate backdated to the original decision. The service provided by this website and advice given by you and your colleagues is absolutely first class. Thank you all so very much. M

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.