× Members

dla tribunal delay .

• karl98
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #78790 by karl98
dla tribunal delay . was created by karl98
help my partner is stillwaiting for a tribunal hearing for dla and esa that has been stopped since august. we have had no financial help and the motability car is due back in feb as the six months grace is up. so we also have no transport. the dla will give me no idea where to get help for travel and care for my partner and fobbed me off by saying speak to social services. im at my witsend please help if poss.thankscould anyone pease

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #78803 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:dla tribunal delay .
Karl

You appear to be new to Benefits and Work, can I suggest you have a look at the following FAQ

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Unfortunately there is little you can do with regard to your outstanding Tribunal hearings, the only thing I can suggest is that you contact you local Tribunal Service office and ask if they can carry out a review of your claims, with the intention of expiditing them due to financial hardship.

Every local council should have a social services department that may be able to provide your partner with support, there are several schemes including Direct Payments, that may provide support and are independant of your receiving other benefits.

With regard to transport, again I'm afraid there are few options, however, most district councils run a volunteer scheme which includes a "taxi" service.

The following link should help you to find your local council

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/Localcouncils/index.htm

With regard to your appeals. Please review our appeals guides in the Members Only section, there are guides for both ESA and DLA appeals.

Our FAQ section at the top of the forum, has a number of articles related to appeals that may be of use.

If you have any specific questions, please come back to the forum,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.