× Members

Support into work and WFIs

• Catmint
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78853 by Catmint
Support into work and WFIs was created by Catmint
Is anyone else in the WRAG finding a distinct lack of support into work? I had my medical a year ago, finally won my appeal in August or September and have since had one work-focused interview, where I told them I volunteer 2 afternoons a week (which is about all my body can take - I have fibromyalgia and ME) and the bloke I saw basically told me there was nothing else he could do for me. I was led to believe that part of the WFI was to support you into suitable work. I asked about this support at my WFI and the bloke just shrugged and said that he couldn't help with that. Because of how my illnesses affect me I use a wheelchair and can only do about 4 hours at a time. I feel completely *un*supported.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78867 by sfros46
Replied by sfros46 on topic Re:Support into work and WFIs
Sounds like what a friend of mine who works at the Job Centre told me recently; that there are few jobs available for the able bodied so anyone who has a disability has practically no chance, in fact she told me that they are telling people to go away and appeal and try and get into the Support Group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.