× Members

ESA APPEAL

More
12 years 3 months ago #78855 by Susan Smith
ESA APPEAL was created by Susan Smith
Please could someone tell me how long I could wait for an appeal date, I am in WRAG group at mo, form for appeal for SUPPORT group had to be back before october 22 which I did, I had interview with job ctr plus in November, but was so ill during this, she said no one would call me again before i get my appeal. As she could see for herself how ill it made made just going there. I have had no correspondence from the DWP about it but the lady at job centre obviously knew that I had put an appeal in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #78861 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA APPEAL
Susan Smith wrote:

Please could someone tell me how long I could wait for an appeal date, I am in WRAG group at mo, form for appeal for SUPPORT group had to be back before october 22 which I did, I had interview with job ctr plus in November, but was so ill during this, she said no one would call me again before i get my appeal. As she could see for herself how ill it made made just going there. I have had no correspondence from the DWP about it but the lady at job centre obviously knew that I had put an appeal in.

Hi SS,

There will obviously be regional variations, but have a look at this guidance in our FAQ's :
How long to hear an ESA appeal?

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #78862 by Susan Smith
Replied by Susan Smith on topic Re:ESA APPEAL
Thanks bro 58, I have had a look at that but it doesnt state time scales for this, obviously they are have loads to look at at the moment though. Just hope they havnt withdrawn my appeal without me knowing, (just read the mail news)

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #78865 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA APPEAL
Hi SS,

I have just re-read your original post.

As you may know, once you submit an appeal, an automatic reconsideration takes place, and is carried out by a different DWP Decision Maker, this process can take upto around 12 weeks, it would seem that this is the case with you.

If the decision it not changed at this stage then your appeal is sent forward to the Tribunal Appeals Service, that's where the waiting times kick in, on the link that I gave you.

The only thing that I can suggest is to pester the DWP in writing, to see what is happening with your reconsideration.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.