× Members

confused

More
12 years 2 months ago #78896 by ridgewood
confused was created by ridgewood
I wrote on the forum last week, after ringing the DWP re: my appeal (had not heard anything since appeal sent 6 weeks ago) I was told I was in support group. As I still had nothing in writing, I rang again, was told again I was in support group. I asked for confirmation in writing, was given a rude retort, "you have been in it since August 2011?", news to me, as I only found out in November (via WFI) that the original appeal I had sent in Feb of last year was not changed i.e. (decision made in July)I was to stay in wrag. This person had the information on her computer, I had not been informed. Whilst on the phone this morning, I asked for this employee's name, she was quite rude saying that the conversations to DWP are always taped, I said that I would need a point of reference i.e. who I had spoken to. She then said you have got what you wanted, I said "what I wanted was to be able to work", and that I had phoned requesting something in writing, saying appeal had been recieved, not a discusssion about my health status. I am very cross this whole esa has been farcical, it would appear that the appeal I sent 30.11.11 was a waste of time, as was the Atos form I had to return in December. I am left wondering what has been going on, could it be that on my appeal in November I questioned why I was in the Wrag when I had scored 25 points in my medical in January last year. I would like to complain, but is it worth it. Maybe I will wait until I have something in writing. Sorry this is long winded. But what does go in at the DWP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #78898 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:confused
rapheal wrote:

I wrote on the forum last week, after ringing the DWP re: my appeal (had not heard anything since appeal sent 6 weeks ago) I was told I was in support group. As I still had nothing in writing, I rang again, was told again I was in support group. I asked for confirmation in writing, was given a rude retort, "you have been in it since August 2011?", news to me, as I only found out in November (via WFI) that the original appeal I had sent in Feb of last year was not changed i.e. (decision made in July)I was to stay in wrag. This person had the information on her computer, I had not been informed. Whilst on the phone this morning, I asked for this employee's name, she was quite rude saying that the conversations to DWP are always taped, I said that I would need a point of reference i.e. who I had spoken to. She then said you have got what you wanted, I said "what I wanted was to be able to work", and that I had phoned requesting something in writing, saying appeal had been recieved, not a discusssion about my health status. I am very cross this whole esa has been farcical, it would appear that the appeal I sent 30.11.11 was a waste of time, as was the Atos form I had to return in December. I am left wondering what has been going on, could it be that on my appeal in November I questioned why I was in the Wrag when I had scored 25 points in my medical in January last year. I would like to complain, but is it worth it. Maybe I will wait until I have something in writing. Sorry this is long winded. But what does go in at the DWP.

Hi R,

You have every right to make an official complaint if you feel that the DWP have not complied with their own service standards.

See : Complaining to the DWP

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.