× Members

Diagnosed with D.I.D

More
12 years 3 months ago #79052 by ejayne72
Diagnosed with D.I.D was created by ejayne72
My claim for DLA is due this year for renewal. I have got D.I.D and am wondering how people cope with attending a medical if one of their alters comes into play. Is there anyone who has this disorder and can help me, thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79060 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Diagnosed with D.I.D
em wrote:

My claim for DLA is due this year for renewal. I have got D.I.D and am wondering how people cope with attending a medical if one of their alters comes into play. Is there anyone who has this disorder and can help me, thank you

Hi E,

As you are new to the forum, you may wish to read :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You should have a read of our FAQ's also from here :

FAQ’s

You will see in the list of links that there is a section on DLA.

You can access all our DLA Guides, including "Renewals" from here :

DLA Guides

Please remember, it is a claimant's limitations/disabilities/care needs that qualify them for an award of DLA. not the medical condition in itself.

A renewal should be treated as a fresh claim really, in that one should still go into detail regarding your conditions, and not assume that the DWP already know anything.

Please see :
DLA medical examination

Which is just one of the many helpful pages in our FAQ's as mentioned above.

If you have any general questions after reading the above please come back to the forum.

Other members may of course offer their support also.

bro58

• pata1
12 years 3 months ago #79092 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:Diagnosed with D.I.D
To save moderators looking up D.I..D. it's Dissociative Identity Disorder.

As with all chronic illness/disability, the name of the diagnosis is secondary, what is paramount is the level of care and/or mobility that is required to qualify for DLA.

Unless things have changed, and I'm not aware that they have, then the majority of DLA medicals are carried out in the claimants home. If the DWP require you to have a medical, and not all renewal claims do, you need to inform the DLA Unit in Blackpool, that you need a home visit, and cannot attend a Medical Examination Centre.

You can out more about DID, HERE which covers Care and Mobility Considerations and other relevant information such as treatment & prognosis.

Hope this helps.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.