× Members

Incapacity Benefit Stopped

• TRICKY
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79165 by TRICKY
Incapacity Benefit Stopped was created by TRICKY
Hi, could someone offer me advisse on the following.

Have been receiving IB for a few years. Had to attend for a medical with ATOS last sept.

Received a call from DWP in December to say they had decided following medical that I was no longer entitled to receive the benefit. They said to expect the decision in writing following week .

I did not receive it so rang them early this month. Advisor said paperwork would probably be with me in about a week.

Rang again the other day, another advisor said that although was record of my call, the advisor had not requested a copy of the decision/medical report be sent to me. He agreed to put in another request for.

I would like to appeal. The advisor said I dont need the decision letter or the medical report to put in appeal. However I think I do. I'm concerned that i will run out of time to sppeal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79168 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Incapacity Benefit Stopped
Tricky

This appears to be your first post so you might want to review the following FAQ

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Whilst you need to balance making an informed appeal versus waiting for the documentation, the bottom line is that you need to lodge the appeal within one month of the date of Decision.

See the following FAQs

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

Wherever possible we recommend claimants to get face to face advice. See

Where to get advice?

But even if you do you may wish to review our ESA claim guide on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

If you have any specific questions, please come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.