× Members

List of evidence request under sar

• onlyadog
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79206 by onlyadog
List of evidence request under sar was created by onlyadog
Hi can someone shed some light on how long it normally takes for paperwork to arrive. I requested by post copies from the Dwp early last month also sent at the same time a letter expressing my wish to appeal (both recorded delivery)
I recieved a letter of reciept a few days later for the info request and a note informing me they will be forwarding my request to the department who made the descision however this was on the other end of the country, why? I had no medical so there cannot be that much paperwork surely also no aknowledgement of my wish to appeal, is this normal?
Need to provide additional evidence but cannot provide any relevent information without knowing why i wasn't put in the correct group in the first place.
It's only as you get older you realise how much this country has gone to the dogs...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79207 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:List of evidence request under sar
onlyadog

I'm afraid the DWP seem to operate at the two extremes, either these documents arrive in days, or claimants have to wait weeks and constantly chase for the information. It would seem you have fallen into the latter category :(

It sounds like your file has been passed back to the assessing team for a Reconsideration, but you cannot assume that this is the case so I would recommend you conatct your local DWP office and ask for confirmation that they have received your appeal request and to find out where your documents are.

There should be a telephone number for your local office on any of the letters they have sent you in the past.

You don't say on what basis you are appealing but you may be interested in reviewing the following FAQs

Qualifying for the Support Group

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• onlyadog
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79208 by onlyadog
Replied by onlyadog on topic Re:List of evidence request under sar
Thanks Gordon, i appealed against being placed in the wrag and not the support without a medical (previously on long term IB) My wish to appeal was sent within the time limit together with a request for reasons under sar. Both were sent on the same day all be it in seperate envelopes by recorded post(i have the reciepts)to my local Dwp as listed on all the correspondance. A few days later i recieved an aknowledgement for the request for reasons and was informed that as they did not make the descision they were forwarding my request to the office that did, this was way up north and i live in the south, they also didn't mention my appeal application. It's been a month since and i was getting a little concerned as to how long this was going to take as i would have liked the chance to offer additional evidence but cannot untill i know the reasons for being put in the wrag. Do you think i should contact the local office then or wait a little longer, how long can they take responding to the freedom of info ?
thanks

More
12 years 2 months ago #79209 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:List of evidence request under sar
onlyadog

An appeal should be acknowledged within 10 working days and a SAR can take up to 40 days.

If the clock is running on a Reconsideration, then I would contact them immediately to find out what is going on.

The IB transfer is being handled by a few centralised offices, so it is not surprising that it is a different office from your local DWP. The trick is to find the direct dial for that centre, no easy task.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• onlyadog
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79210 by onlyadog
Gordon i wasn't aware that appeals should be aknowledged within 10 working days so yes i will give them a call.
thanks again..

• onlyadog
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79503 by onlyadog
Ok contacted the powers that be on wednesday for an update and was told they had no record on the system of my appeal request or the copies of info request so they couldn't help me but would look into it and get back to me, great.
I then contacted a different department(the one that sent me the info request aknowledgment)and the person was very suprised to hear i had not recieved it already, i asked her if they had record of my request to appeal and was informed there was a note on the system that i had but no reasons as to why,the person didn't know were my application was but again said i should have had a letter of reciept, not. Anyhow called back today and was informed they had been in touch with the very distant department dealing with my ESA and have been informed that they had put in the post a copy of the Atos report, when asked what about all the other info i requested i was informed there wasn't any as the diescision was based solely on this report so there was nothing else they could send, this isn't right is it????
I clearly asked for copies of the ESA85A,ESA113 if one was requested,memo's,e.mails as well as any other relevent info considered in making a descision in my case as per forum guide,anyone offer advice on what to do next guess i will have to wait and see what if anything turns up???? :angry:

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.