× Members

re-assessment

• stephano
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79234 by stephano
re-assessment was created by stephano
hello,
my hcp assessor states that I could
return to work with appropriate support within six months. Should I expect a letter
within six months for another assessment?
Also, a dm 'phoned me this morning, stating that my evidence does not qualify me for the support group, according to the hc p's report and my evidence/support letters.
And, that I will receive my package , regarding the hearing later in the year.
She explained that my letters do not
relate to the support group descriptors. Any advice..? Interestingly. she also said that
"everyone knows this is a cost-cutting exercise." Any comments?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #79237 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:re-assessment
stephano wrote:

hello,
my hcp assessor states that I could
return to work with appropriate support within six months. Should I expect a letter
within six months for another assessment?
Also, a dm 'phoned me this morning, stating that my evidence does not qualify me for the support group, according to the hc p's report and my evidence/support letters.
And, that I will receive my package , regarding the hearing later in the year.
She explained that my letters do not
relate to the support group descriptors. Any advice..? Interestingly. she also said that
"everyone knows this is a cost-cutting exercise." Any comments?

Hi S,

If your "prognosis" (recommended length of ESA award) is for 6 months, then yes, you should expect to be reassessed around that time.

Indeed, it could be some weeks before that, as they may allow the time taken for the reassessment.

It seems that the person that you spoke to is saying that the evidence does not indicate that you qualify for SG under the SG Descriptors, or the Exceptional Circumstances, as here :

Qualifying for the Support Group

And here :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/2/made?view=plain

And as detailed in our : ESA Guides

You have to show that you do.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• stephano
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79254 by stephano
Replied by stephano on topic Re:re-assessment
Thanks, Bro,
so timing of re-assessment is
dictated by length of award, which is 12 months.,( esa award -letter).. or the time/date( in months) that
the hcp indicates on his report? (" return to work possible in 6 months" ). Am slightly confused!

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #79260 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:re-assessment
stephano wrote:

Thanks, Bro,
so timing of re-assessment is
dictated by length of award, which is 12 months.,( esa award -letter).. or the time/date( in months) that
the hcp indicates on his report? (" return to work possible in 6 months" ). Am slightly confused!

Hi S,

The recommended length of any ESA award, (Prognosis) would be mentioned on the ATOS HCP's medical report, as in the ESA85 where a face to face assessment took place, or in the ESA85A if one didn't.

It does not usually include the length of the ESA Award (Prognosis) in the ESA Award letter from the DWP. Any dates mentioned here are usually for admin purposes only.

However, the prognosis given by the ATOS HCP, is a "recommendation" and it is the DWP DM who actually stipulates the length of award.

The DM's usually abide by the prognosis of the ATOS HCP though.

Sorry if this is confusing, I would tend to go by the prognosis in the ATOS medical report.

Of course you could contact the DWP to gain some clarity, informing them of your confusion on this issue.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.