× Members

esa payments

• stephano
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79270 by stephano
esa payments was created by stephano
hello,
do all successful esa claimants receive payments for 12 months, or, are there exceptions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #79271 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:esa payments
stephano wrote:

hello,
do all successful esa claimants receive payments for 12 months, or, are there exceptions?

Hi S,

This is again dependent on the length of the ESA Award (prognosis), as we discussed in your other thread here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=79234#79234

In other words, you will only receive payments for an ESA Award, for as long as that particular award lasts.

The length of an ESA award (Prognosis) can vary, from 3, 6, 9, 12, 18,or 24 months, or somewhat longer in rare cases.

Obviously, if a claimant was put into the WRAG, with a prognosis of 6 months, and then on being reassessed after 6 months, the claimant was found "fit for work", any ESA payments would cease.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58. Reason: Typo

• stephano
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79277 by stephano
Replied by stephano on topic Re:esa payments
yes, thanks, bro,
dwp have just informed me that my payments are related to/dependent on
previous medical assessment prognosis, and not a 12 month rule. So, for me , payments continue beyond the 6 month prognosis if
I continue to meet the criteia/score adequate points at the NEXT assessment. But, she also was unclear/unsure as to whether the next assessment would be dated from the last medical assessment, or the date I received
my letter concerning transfer to esa from ib. This is important, as there is a 2 month gap between the dates.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79278 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa payments
stephano

I doubt there is a definitive answer to this, however, based on comments from other members, I believe the six months starts from the beginning of the previous assessment.

So as an example; if a claimant was sent a an ESA50 in January, had a medical in February and a Decision was made in March, they should expect the next ESA50 to be issued in June.

How this timescale would be influenced in delays in the system due to the overloading of ATOS and the DWP, is difficult to say, but using the above example; if the Decision was not made until April, then I would not expect the ESA50 to be issued until July.

Having said all of this, there are inumerable factors that can influence this process and radically affect when events would occur.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• stephano
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79279 by stephano
Replied by stephano on topic Re:esa payments
thanks, Bro,
so, for me, because my last
assessment was mid-september 2011. I can expect my next one in March 2012..correct?
( based on assessor's 6-month prognosis ).

More
12 years 2 months ago #79281 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa payments
Yes, if you had a prognosis of six months on your last medical report, you could expect to be re-asessed in March, however, you should not be surprised if this does not happen, because there may be other factors that affect it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.